AWS DevOps Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Navteca is a technology company headquartered in Maryland, just outside Washington, DC. A woman and minority-owned technology services company focusing on emerging technologies and IT innovation, Navteca develops, executes, and manages unique technical solutions for government clients like NASA and NOAA, non-profits, and private entities. Navteca's core focus is creating practical applications based on new and emerging technology, such as cloud, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), artificial intelligence (AI) including natural language processing (NLP), GIS data visualization, and machine learning (ML). Navteca is well-known for cloud computing. An Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner since 2013, Navteca’s certified Cloud Solutions Architects are considered Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for cloud architecture, cloud security, cloud governance, and HPC in the cloud.
The DevOps Engineer:
- Guides teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying changes to existing software
- Enhances the company's IT infrastructure security protocols
- Identifies manual processes that can be automated
- Considers the organization's entire IT infrastructure when making changes and improvements
- Maintains and improve the company's cloud infrastructure
Skills and qualifications
- Security: While continually updating code to make the system run faster and better, the DevOps Engineer also must make sure that the changes to improve the system don't accidentally make the system more vulnerable to attack.
- Flexibility: The DevOps Engineer will update sections of software, as well as simultaneously managing changes to other parts of the program.
- Collaboration: A DevOps Engineer will assist team members as needed.
- Scripting Skills: DevOps Engineers must know how to use scripting languages such Bash, Python, Kubernetes, and JupyterHub.
- Soft Skills: A DevOps Engineer should possess interpersonal, management and decision-making skills.
Must be in compliance with Executive Order 14042 which requires Federal Contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
What we offer
- As a part of Navteca’s benefits, we provide you with Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
as well as Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance. These programs offer you and
your family financial protection against some of the uncertainties life can bring.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Comp/flex time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- 401k Retirement Plan
TechnologyView all jobs at Navteca