Are you looking for a great organization to grow your career? Do you thrive in an equitable and inclusive environment? Navos is currently seeking a Full-Time Mental Health Specialist (Evening Shift) to work in our adult inpatient psychiatric hospital, located in West Seattle. If you have a passion for community mental health and helping others then read on...this could be your best job yet!
Navos is committed to transforming the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness and addictions by providing a broad continuum of care. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
FTE: 1.0 (40 hrs per week)
Shift: Evening, 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
A day in the life..
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, provide general therapeutic procedures and personal care service for patients.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively within the clinical team to create and/or maintain a therapeutic environment that respects cultural, ethnic, and lifestyle differences of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Demonstrate respect in approach to providing care to patients and provide therapeutic care with knowledge of psycho-social development over the lifespan.
- Attend to the personal care needs of patients.
- Assess the milieu and intervene to provide a safe and therapeutic environment and demonstrate responsiveness to medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Implement and document treatment strategies as outlined in the patient treatment plan.
- Utilize least restrictive alternatives consistently and appropriate verbal and/or physical intervention when managing assaultive or potentially assaultive patients.
- When assigned, effectively facilitate patient group education.
- Complete documentation in a timely, legible and therapeutic manner
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Associate Degree/CNA License with two years’ experience in a psychiatric/medical setting or High School Diploma or equivalent with four years’ experience in a psychiatric/medical setting required.
- Bachelor Degree in Behavioral Sciences a plus.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Washington State Agency-Affiliated Counselor Registration on or before first day of employment.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Active King County Food Handlers Permit.
- New graduates encouraged to apply!
Benefits! We've got you covered..
- Generous PTO (30 days!) and ability to pick up extra shifts
- 401k package
- Free on-site parking
- Predictable schedule
- Excellent staffing ratios
- Annual training funds
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.
Navos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.