Software Developer II - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Pharmacy Benefits Reinvented- As the industry’s alternative pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), we’re committed to making prescriptions more affordable for you and your members. Here at Navitus, our team members work in an environment that celebrates creativity, fosters diversity and encourages growth. We welcome new ideas and share a passion for excellence.
The Software Development II position ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT Strategic Technology Systems Development to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people’s lives. The Software Developer II’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes designing, documenting, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Developer II will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Is this you? Find out more below!
How do I make an impact on my team?
- Collaborate with analysts, developers and designers in conceptualizing and development of new and existing software programs and applications
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Collaboration with internal users and department to design, develop, document and implement new applications and application enhancements according to business and technical requirements
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Write new and modify existing programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
What our team expects from you?
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and/or 6 years equivalent work experience
- Experience deploying or managing cloud-based services in large-scale, geographically diverse environments
- Demonstrated experience developing with multiple modern languages (C# , Python, Angular, React, .NET Core)
- Knowledge working with CI/CD and source control tools such as Git
- Knowledge of one infrastructure-as-code system such as CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience writing unit tests
- Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Knowledge of healthcare industry practices, HIPAA, 508 compliance, and applicable data privacy practices preferred
- Participate in, adhere to, and support compliance program objectives
- The ability to consistently interact cooperatively and respectfully with other employees
What can you expect from Navitus?
- Hours/Location: Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm CST, Remote
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Educational Assistance Plan and Professional Membership assistance
- Referral Bonus Program – up to $750!
- Top of the industry benefits for Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off, Eight paid holidays, 401K, Short-term and Long-term disability, College Savings Plan, Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance Program, and Employee Assistance Program
Navitus Health Solutions LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Navitus Health Solutions LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?