- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintains and services equipment according to priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following prioritized and categorized duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Department Goals, Strategies, and Procedures
- Follows and supports all departmental procedures and company policies
- Establishes personal goals to improve personal and departmental performance
- Plays a role in the execution of company goals that when achieved will accumulate into the fulfillment of the company Vision
Maintenance & Service
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Services equipment and other items as assigned
- Services or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Keeps on-going list of miscellaneous maintenance that needs to be done
- Sets up and operates equipment and tools to make and repair parts
- Uses and reads volt meter, computer, and tape measure
- Works overtime and weekends when necessary
- Activates devices to test their performance
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Checks and rechecks any work before putting machine back on line
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Checks to ensure that all areas in the plant meet OSHA standards
- Knows and follows all safety procedures
- Reports work related injuries to supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education preferred and 3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a comprehensive criminal background investigation.
Navistar Direct Marketing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Navistar Direct Marketing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Navistar Direct Marketing
AutomotiveView all jobs at Navistar Direct Marketing
Get fresh Freelance Heavy Equipment Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!