Chief Technology Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Navigating Cancer champions a better patient experience. Our mission is to radically reduce the burden of cancer through transformative digital health solutions. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with healthcare experience to lead our 50-person software engineering organization. You will be responsible for leading all software development efforts, making key technology decisions, managing our AWS-based platform, and participating actively as a key executive for the entire organization. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in tech development with a strong interest in building an outstanding culture.
You will work directly under the CEO, be a part of the Executive Leadership Team & lead a dynamic team of software engineers & tech leaders. The ideal candidate will be adept at motivating teams, ensuring cross-organization collaboration, setting clear direction, leading technical decision making, and balancing competing organizational priorities.
- Lead the Software Engineering Dept. with a focus on the recruitment and retention of high performing technical squads.
- Close collaboration with the Product Management team to deliver Product improvements that are inline with the company’s KPIs & support an effective end-to-end product design & development process.
- Oversee and manage all processes relating to technical delivery and all cloud (AWS) & infrastructure mgmt.
- Develop and refine strategic yearly & quarterly team metrics, KPIs & technology plans that are reported out to the executive team, board of directors & company.
- Provide tech assessments, due diligence materials and communicate NC’s technology strategy to potential partners, investors, C-level leaders, etc.
- Create a reliable data strategy and underlying platform to support our data services.
- Lead adherence to compliance standards, security best practices, regulatory requirements & laws.
- Exceptionally strong leadership presence and passion for NC’s mission
- 10+ years experience leading Engineering organizations in commercial software development
- Creative, strategic, proactive and thoughtful hands-on leadership approach
- Expert at leading teams in an Agile software development environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to different audiences through different mediums (written, verbal, presentations, etc).
- Develop highly collaborative working relationships & interactions at all levels
- Maintain highly functional empowered teams and mentor/coach/develop engineering leaders.
- Results driven & goal/solution oriented with the ability to demonstrate excellent judgment with the appropriate level of risk taking.
- Knowledge of building multi-tenant SaaS products using public cloud architecture with world-class standards for security, availability and end-user experience.
- Experience building data platforms to support data analytics.
- Experienced leading technology teams in a HIPAA regulated environment
- Mobile apps development experience, both native/progressive and/or responsive web
- Technologies we use: Spring/Boot Java, Ruby on Rails, GO, Python, Svelt, React, ES6, EKS, Circle CI, Helm, etc.
- BS Degree in a technical field (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Delivering digital Healthcare product experience is required.
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and cancer patients every day. We are a mission-driven company that believes in transformational innovation. Everyday we develop new, better ways to improve the patient experience, help lower patient costs, and drive more equitable outcomes. Help us innovate through technology & grow to reach the next level in patient care. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun doing it!
This position is full-time & 100% remote, with the option to come into the Seattle corporate office on a voluntary basis for local employees. We not only offer competitive compensation, but have a ton of other perks - here are just a few:
- Flexible Work From Anywhere policy (must be US-based)
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision, optional short/long term disability & life insurance
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan & yearly bonus
- Flexible time off policy (including paid maternity | paternity leave)
- Bi-Annual Hackathons
- Educational stipend
- Employee Referral program
Base pay range: $250-300,000/yr + Bonus
Navigating Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Work with Purpose: We exhibit an unwavering commitment to enrich the lives of cancer patients and delight our customers.
- Act with Integrity: We communicate openly and honestly, and act with transparency and gratitude.
- Equity & Inclusion: We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected and we believe in creating fair access, opportunity, and advancement for all of our employees.
- Be Agile: We welcome change and actively listen and adapt to deliver creative solutions and improvements.
- Seek Simplicity: We reduce complexity for ourselves, our customers and their patients and seek simplicity in all we do.
- Strive for Growth: We foster personal and professional growth and manage our performance to exceed the company’s goals.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Chief Technology jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.