Member Service Representative I
- Posted: over a month ago
Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Rhode Island for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our other branch locations. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, performs a broad-range of member service (non-teller) activities in person and/or via phone, mail, e-mail, fax and on-line services. Delivers exceptional customer service, aligned with the Credit Union's core values and mission statement. Meet all established sales and service goals. Provides such member services as opening new accounts, ordering checks, account maintenance, corrections, etc. Interviews and assists member complete loan applications, obtains pertinent loan information and prepares necessary paperwork to disburse loans. Cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)
A. Member Services
1. Processes all member service transactions in person and/or via phone, mail, fax and on-line services to include deposits, check withdrawals, account transfers and address changes. Replies to member correspondence by form letter regarding transactions affecting their accounts.
2. Gives prompt efficient and accurate service in the processing of all transactions such as opening of new checking/savings accounts, direct deposits, ATM/Visa check card, Certificate/IRA/Money Markets. May place stop payment on checks, provide copies of cancelled checks and/or order checks. Processes wire transfer requests and forwards to appropriate person for transmission, faxes documents, etc. Assists members with payroll and direct deposit questions and establishes payroll distributions.
3. Opens new member accounts and provides information to new and prospective members by explaining and cross-selling Credit Union products and services. Completes forms for opening and processing all types of accounts, including share, share draft, money market, certificates, IRAs, etc.
4. Utilizes tact and experienced based knowledge to research and resolve member inquiries explaining specific policies, procedures, products and/or services. Represents the Credit Union in a professional manner while maintaining positive member relations.
5. Provides accurate information to members regarding Credit Union services, products, policies and procedures. Analyzes member accounts in order to provide better services and deepen relationships. Cross sells and services members. Conducts outbound calls to members to follow up activate services sold and to develop new business and meet prescribed sales goals. Coordinates with other CU departments as necessary. Refers members to departments/personnel providing specialized services as necessary.
6. Perform other member services, operational, loan processing/interviewing and/or administrative duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Branch Manager.
B. Loan Interviewing/Processing
1. Receives new applications; organizes loan packages, ensures all documentation is present. Decisions loans and or forwards to Loan Officer in accordance with policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes loan decisions, contacts the member to notify them of the decision made, and discusses payments and terms. Sets up the loan to be disbursed. Faxes or mails all necessary loan documents to be signed, ensuring incoming applications are maintained. Closes loans, disburses checks, or deposits money as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required. AA degree in related are preferred.
1. Minimum 2 to 4 years previous MSR and/or Loan processing/interviewing and sales experience in a financial institution.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of CU products, services, policies, procedures and regulations. Previous telephone sales experience and ability to meet pre-established sales goals.
3. Must possess a strong service orientation. Able to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
4. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
5. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
6. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Some travel required.
8. Bilingual preferred.
In terms of physical requirements, this position requires work best described as:
* Standing/Walking - Frequent
* Hearing - Ability to receive information through oral communication (face to face and telephone). - Continuous
* Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word (face to face and telephone). - Continuous
* Reading - Ability to receive information through fax, e-mail. And text messages - Continuous
AUDIO / VISUAL:
* Requires vision to perform work dealing with data and figures and computer screens. Continuous
* Responds positively and productively to stressful internal (employee)/situations. - Continuous
* Assists others to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team. Continuous
Navigant Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Navigant Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Navigant Credit Union
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?