Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant's professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant's practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
Navigant's Performance Excellence practice specializes in large-scale operations improvement, post-merger integration, and business transformation work for academic medical centers and large health systems, community hospitals and large physician practices. Our solutions are tailored with skilled teams to collaborate with client departments on implementing processes and creating efficiencies to withstand changes in the industry. Areas of expertise include: clinical process improvement, labor and non-labor expense reduction and corporate and operational expense assessment.
This position includes responsibilities in both leveraging and delivering quality, high-level, consulting services to clients for the Navigant Healthcare Provider Practice. The following sections describe the specific areas of prime importance in the execution of these responsibilities:
- Deliver industry expertise and management consulting services in support of client engagements in the Healthcare Practice and deliver results on time and on budget
- Lead labor cost reduction or productivity initiatives for large health systems including significant improvement in productivity and reduction in cost/FTEs
- Serve as subject matter expert in of productivity standards in multiple areas including Nursing, OR, ER, etc.
- Identify key industry issues and develop a practice response
- Assist in selling, leverage broad set of existing relationships
- Provide delivery assurance support for engagements with targeted clients
- Manage teams and train and develop Navigant staff
- Provide visible leadership within the account and the practice, facilitate client or leadership meetings
- 8-10 years (minimum) of experience of clinical practice experience, performance improvement labor optimization, clinical operations and beyond focused on in a provider setting (hospital, health system or academic medical center), much of which is at the management level
- Possesses basic financial management skills related to planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. Understands the interdependencies of these systems
- Ability to gather and analyze financial performance data Preferred
- Prior Management Consulting experience is preferred
- Able to construct a basic financial pro forma including cost benefit analysis and clinical implications of decision/deployment strategy changes.5+ years of experience in a consulting environment
- Experience using productivity tools/standards
- Flexible, positive, clear interpersonal and communication skills with ability to facilitate the exchange of information within all levels of the practice
- Ability to develop and monitor performance metrics at all levels of operations both clinical and nonclinical
- Capacity to adapt and lead others to understand and accept values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions
- Ability and willingness to travel full time
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills and ability to independently produce documents or aptitude to develop this level of skill within a defined period of time ; MS Project Experience preferred
- Master Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.