Shift Operations Manager (2228)
- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Shift Operations Manager in Richland, WA.
Navarro Research & Engineering is an award-winning federal contractor dedicated to partnering with our clients to overcome their most challenging environmental, technical, and infrastructure missions within the nuclear and environmental industries. Joining Navarro means being a part of an exceptional team committed to quality and safety while also looking for innovative strategies to create value for the client's success. Headquartered in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Navarro has active programs in place across the nation for DOE/NNSA, NASA, and the Department of Defense.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
The Shift Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for the oversight of the Operations Department bargaining unit employees. In this role, the SOM provides leadership and supervisory duties of the Operations Chemical Technologists and Stationary Operator Engineers (SOEs). The SOM also provides management support functions necessary to maintain continuity of daily operations for the 222-S Laboratory. The SOM serves as the central point-of-contact for daily operational activities and maintains cognizance of safety, compliance, and facility operating conditions.
- Provide leadership and field supervisory duties of the Operations Chemical Technologists and SOEs.
- Conduct shift turnover meetings and shift briefings to communicate facility status, equipment status, instrument status working progress, changes in personnel, restricted access areas, alarm status, tank levels, occurrences, radiological hazardous conditions, and safety information to facility personnel.
- Perform work release and operations authorizations, ensuring facility configuration is maintained.
- Serve on the facility emergency response organization.
- Utilize the work management system, including providing final work suspension and release authority.
- Conduct pre-job briefings to ensure personnel involved in the work activity are familiar with, at a minimum, work scope, hazards, hazard controls, precautions, limitations, required training, and response to emergencies.
- Review work instructions, resolve work instruction issues, and approve work packages.
- Perform work control approvals for work documents to ensure all documentation and operation requirements are met.
- Serve as a LOTO controlling organization administrator.
- Perform Field Work Supervisor duties for assigned work activities.
- Perform work release for work being conducted in the 222-S complex.
- BA/BS Degree in an Engineering or related field and 8-9 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Supervisory experience highly desired.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Annual Salary Range (based on full-time 40 hours per week)
Shift Operations Manager Grade 18: $101,525 - $128,075
Shift Operations Manager Grade 19: $111,588 - $140,663
In accordance with the Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc (Navarro) salary determination process, Navarro takes into consideration the level of assigned job duties and responsibilities and the candidate's education, training, and/or experience relative to internal peers and the external labor market. A candidate's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability insurance; pension benefits*; 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match; life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance; vacation/sick/holiday pay*.
*Based on eligibility rules
BusinessView all jobs at Navarro Inc.
Get fresh Operation Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!