Quality Engineer 3
Navarro Inc. Los Alamos, NM
- Expired: July 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Quality Engineer 3 in Los Alamos, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support the Los Alamos National Laboratory as a Navarro employee in a staff augmentation position.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will be deployed from the Quality Support Services (QSS) Group within the Institutional Quality and Performance Assurance (IQPA) Division to support various programs and projects across the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). As a QA Engineer, you will utilize your background to assist in the identification and resolution of significant issues. QA Engineers provide suggestions and solutions that are based on objective analysis of the situation and display a high degree of creativity. In addition, the QA Engineer will create or use formal networks involving coordination among peers, groups, and other key decision makers. A QA Engineer is able to resolve significant, unique, or complex issues applying analytical techniques which ultimately contribute solutions that are both effective and sustainable. Those contributions will have an impact on the success of future concepts, products, and/or technologies. The QA Engineer is responsible for guiding and assisting in effective development and implementation of the Laboratorys quality assurance program in nuclear, radiological, and non-nuclear facilities. Typical responsibilities and qualifications include
* Demonstrated ability using engineering principles and concepts
* Serving as a quality point-of-contact while interacting with management and personnel on a regular basis to support effective implementation of the quality program
* Providing technical expertise and initiative in identifying areas to which quality assurance practices may be introduced or enhanced
* Defining and monitoring performance metrics and reports that measure QA program and/or process performance
* Leading or supporting efforts in the management of measurement and test equipment (M&TE), maintenance of QA Program documents, procedure development and reviews, procurements, material traceability and control, and special projects as assigned
* Performing duties of a Nonconformance Report Coordinator including the tracking, reporting, and fostering of timely closure of open nonconformance reports
* Representing IQPA as a member of an Integrated Project Team (IPT)
* Leading or participating in audits, surveillances, DOE reviews, and other assessment activities
* Preparing QA procedures for review, approval, and issues in accordance with requirements and/or standards
* Reviewing receiving inspection reports, certificates of compliance and conformance and related test reports to determine validity
* Monitoring project engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, and other activities related to the quality program/plan
* Reviewing and reporting on new or revised requirements and their impacts on the established QA program
* Leading Laboratory personnel with the implementation and understanding of QA policies, plans, and procedures, and providing Laboratory management with recommendations and advice
* This position typically requires a Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline or related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. At this level, post-graduate coursework may be expected
* Expert-level knowledge of quality assurance regulatory, contractual, and technical documents, e.g., DOE O 414.1D, 10 CFR Part 830 Subpart A, and NQA-1-2008 and 2009 Addenda
* Extensive experience reviewing procedures and other documents to verify quality requirements have been adequately addressed and flowed down as necessary
* Expert-level knowledge of and demonstrated ability using quality improvement methodologies such as causal analysis methods, establishing and monitoring performance metrics, corrective action plan development, and performing effectiveness evaluations
* MUST be within the Los Alamos area as candidates need to be onsite most of the time.
* Q clearance preferred but not required.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
AddressLos Alamos, NM
ManufacturingView all jobs at Navarro Inc.