Quality Assurance Engineer I (2818)
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer I in Richland, WA.
Navarro Research & Engineering is an award-winning federal contractor dedicated to partnering with clients to advance clean energy and deliver effective solutions for complex challenges in the nuclear and environmental fields. Joining Navarro means being a part of an exceptional team committed to quality and safety while also looking for innovative strategies to create value for the client's success. Headquartered in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Navarro has active programs in place across the nation for DOE/NNSA, NASA, and the Department of Defense.
This position will support Navarro-ATL. Navarro-ATL is located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The Navarro-ATL members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
Plan, schedule, and participate in Quality Assurance Program audits, surveillances, and assessments in support of corrective action programs.Conduct inspections and investigations to identify deficiencies.Develop and/or revise quality plans, procedures, and audit checklists.Assist personnel with the interpretation/implementation of related requirements.
- Under general supervision, responsible for providing quality assurance/control engineering services in support of 222-S Laboratory activities.
- Completes assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Applies advanced Quality Engineering theories, methods, and research techniques in the development, establishment, and maintenance of quality assurance policies, procedures, and methods.
- Demonstrates understanding of the application of Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR) and can review and approve safety basis documents.
- Confers with superiors on unusual matters. Leads project-wide system audits as directed by principal quality assurance engineer or program management.
- Writes quality plans, procedures, and audit checklists. Verifies quality standards and test procedures for design and process evaluation to attain quality economically and efficiently.
- Provides quality assurance support to ensure that products are acquired and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
- Makes sure sampling plans, quality standards, and quality instructions are utilized in assessing the quality levels of products and processes.
- Documents evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Provides recommendations concerning the disposition of defective materials and maintains a continuous awareness of quality problems.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality activities.
- Performs quality assurance inspections.
- May specialize in particular area of quality engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, supplier evaluation, inventory control, reliability, research and development, software quality, laboratory quality, or administrative application.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level engineers, technicians, and inspectors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Navarro Inc.Richland, WA
ManufacturingView All Navarro Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Quality Assurance Engineer I (2818) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.