Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Project Engineer in Westminster, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Provide engineering services to support multiple projects at multiple Department of Energy Office of Legacy Management sites.
Under limited supervision this position, plans, develops, coordinates, reviews and assesses designs for engineering projects, including basic organization of design team, concepts, format of calculations, selection of equipment standards, system design, and preparation of plans and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering.
- Must have a Professional Engineer (PE) registration with the ability to obtain reciprocity in multiple states.
- Complete understanding of engineering principles, concepts, and techniques with knowledge of environmental regulations and local utility codes. Advanced working knowledge and experience in earthwork, geotechnical, hydraulic, hydrology, and land development design is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCad, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Project.
- Plan and specification preparation experience.Engineering calculation preparation.
- Multi-tasking and time management.
- Presentation skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Oral and written communication proficiency.
- Self starting and results driven.
- Technically proficient in area of expertise.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Ability to perform complex professional tasks independently using independent judgment and ingenuity,
- Ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to recommend approaches for new and improved processes.
- Ability to work with broad objectives, with latitude to determining the best way to accomplish task.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
- A skill-set and experience working in a consulting engineering environment is desired. Knowledge of HEC, HMS, HEC RAS, WaterCAd, EPAnet, and other similar software is a plus.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Relocation assistance available