Drilling Consultant (2797)
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting a Drilling Consultant to support drilling operations near Las Vegas, NV in 2024
Navarro Research & Engineering is an award-winning federal contractor dedicated to partnering with clients to advance clean energy and deliver effective solutions for complex challenges in the nuclear and environmental fields. Joining Navarro means being a part of an exceptional team committed to quality and safety while also looking for innovative strategies to create value for the client's success. Headquartered in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Navarro has active programs in place across the nation for DOE/NNSA, NASA, and the Department of Defense.
As the Drilling Consultant for our environmental contract at the Nevada National Security Site, you will play a pivotal role in supporting drilling operations related to groundwater monitoring and extraction wells. Wells are planned to be drilled to about 5,000 ft with multiple completions. The wells are located in southern Nevada, northwest of Las Vegas.
- Under the direction of the Drilling Execution Manager, review the drilling schedule, well construction and operational plan.
- Required travel to drilling location and on-site involvement in operations on planned and company requested intervals. Work may require multiple day stays and extended hours to support 24 hour/7day week operations.
- On call availability when not on the drilling locations to provide consulting to address drilling and or operations issues in coordination with the drilling manager.
- Provide technical direction/input to the design/tooling of drilling assemblies to maintain borehole alignment and maximize penetration rates.
- Participate in the preparation of drilling plans/programs to provide specific guidance to field implementation by drilling personnel.
- Field consultation and input to all aspects of drilling operations from mobilization, drilling and completion.
- Input to drilling operations to ensure the highest level of safety in coordination with site safety and contractors.
- Provide drilling and well construction expertise to the drilling and completion of large diameter boreholes using conventional rotary drilling approaches. Planned drilling emphasizes air foam/mist drilling approaches with mud circulation options.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to drilling teams when on-site.
- Troubleshoot and address drilling issues effectively, taking into consideration hydrogeological challenges.
- Contribute to the implementation of safe drilling and operational practices.
Well Design and Planning:
- Collaborate with project geologists and engineers to develop well designs that align with project objectives and site-specific conditions.
- Anticipate and address potential drilling challenges by providing input on well designs and drilling programs / plans.
- Recommend modifications to drilling plans as necessary to optimize performance and mitigate risks.
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Experience drilling wells to about 5,000 ft.
- Experience with complex / multiple completions.
- Experience in volcanic or "hard rock" drilling settings.
- Experience using air foam drilling.
Preferred Skills / Experience
Federal Government / Department of Energy experience.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Navarro Inc.Las Vegas, NV
ConstructionView All Navarro Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Drilling Consultant (2797) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.