Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for an Accountant in Morgantown, W.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Prepare mid-month billing to government; gather, organize and post month-end cost accruals, working directly with Project Analysts to facilitate this multifaceted process; gather, organize and upload subcontractor labor weekly; setup subcontractors in labor distribution module; process prepaid travel accounts payable invoices.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business.
- 0 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with billing and revenue, cost accruals, labor distribution, accounts payable, and general ledger support.
- Candidate should understand double entry accounting and be able to properly use credits and debits.
- Candidate should have an understanding of "cut-off" and how it applies to monthly and annual financial records (i.e. properly accounting for revenue and expenditures in the period in which they were incurred.)
- Individual must be detail-oriented, organized, and also be able to follow complex instructions, have strong analytical skills, and have the ability to work with voluminous data and multiple transactions in a team setting.
- Microsoft Excel; ability to navigate spreadsheets and know how to create and use formulas to perform data comparisons and analyses
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Familiarity with government accounting, especially federal gorvernment, the Fedreal Acquisition Regulations and the Federal Travel Regulations. Ability to apply knowledge and work in a complex job cost environment. Working knowledge of Pivot tables in Excel. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability