**IMMEDIATE NEED** Driver for Disabled Veterans
- $18 Hourly
Navarre Corporation is seeking part-time and full-time employees to perform special needs non-emergent medical transportation services for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Drivers will be remote and will not report to an office.
***Actively Seeking to Hire Veterans***
· Drive provided shuttle/sedan in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
· Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
· Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
· Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
· Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
· Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
· Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
· Assist passengers with boarding and stowing luggage
· Ability to assist with lifting greater than 50lbs
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work various shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Ability to push/pull up to 50lb load
- Hand Dexterity--Ability to secure wheelchair restraints
- Ability to bend, kneel, and stoop
All drivers will have a starting wage of $17.52 per hour + $4.23 *per hour for benefits in accordance with federal regulations. Our benefits offerings include:
-401(a) retirement contributions
-Employer paid health, vision, dental insurance, term-life insurance policy
-Company provided vehicle
-Company provided gas card
-Consistent opportunities for overtime
Vacation pay will be accrued at a rate of .04 hours/hour worked for a maximum of 80 hours per calendar year.
Holidays will be paid in accordance with federal law: A minimum of eleven paid holidays per year: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Juneteenth National Independence Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. A contractor may substitute for any of the named holidays another day off with pay in accordance with a plan communicated to the employees involved.) (See 29 CFR 4.174)
***Must provide copy of valid Drivers License***
***This is contingent upon passing a successful background check.***
*per hour up to 40 hours per week
We are helping serve America's veterans by providing a reliable transportation for those needing special modes of transportation.
Federal Contractor, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Navarre Corporation employs over 400 people across 13 states. We are a government contractor providing transportation services for VA Hospitals across America. We transport disabled veterans to and from their medical appointments.
6900 Tavistoc Lakes BlvdCastleton, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.