Student Intern (1 position) - Wellness Center Assistant
Navajo Technical University Crownpoint, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Wellness Center is seeking a student intern to assist with the overall functioning of the Wellness Center of the winter break.
This internship is funded under Project Success and adheres to guidelines set forth by the Office of Career Services.
This position description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform job duties. It is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required or assigned to this position.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor intermural sports including volleyball, basketball, and more.
- Have visitors sign out equipment (SUB)
- Check to see if visitors sign user agreement form and signed the day of visit
- Write incident reports if necessary
- Call campus security immediately if visitor is intoxicated or injured
- During special events being held in NTU Student Union, help set up and take down tables and chairs. Must be able to roll out and roll up plastic gym floor covering to protect gym floor.
- Please read monthly updated Student Union schedule of events
- Any visitor(s) to NTU Student Union MUST have a user agreement form signed and must sign in
- Assist visitor(s): checking out and checking in equipment (i.e. activities/game room equipment). Any visitor(s) that are injured MUST be reported. Call campus security and hospital immediately!
- Any visitor(s) that are intoxicated MUST be reported. Call campus security immediately!
- If you cannot make your work hours schedule, call your supervisor
- If there is a spill or trash in or out of the Student Union, get protective gloves and put on hands and clean spill or pick up trash
- In the evening after 5 p.m., please check the perimeter of Student Union once an hour
- Please fill in hour head count for Wellness on daily/weekly/sheet
- Maintain usage log of Wellness and Game Room and also prepares reports as required
- Provide technical support to Student Union Office
- Assist other staff members as needed
- Reports safety concerns to supervisor on a timely basis
- Complies with all college, system, state and federal rules and regulations including, but not limited to, health and safety policies, Navajo Nation Sexual Harassment Policy and all civil rights laws
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a degree-seeking student (both full-time and part-time) with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and demonstrated commitment to their degree of study. Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Enjoyment of and ability to work with people; good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn and execute new information.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail, accuracy/planning, and organization.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships among peers, staff, faculty, administrators, and external partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift/carry a maximum of 30 pounds.
- Continuous ability for speech communication and hearing in order to effectively communicate with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information.
- Continuous ability for both oral and written communication.
- Frequent problem solving and concentration; occasional analytical ability and creativity.
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to collaborate with peers and University personnel across campus and to operate computer and other office equipment.
Navajo Technical University
BusinessView all jobs at Navajo Technical University