Marketing and Communications Director
Navajo Technical University Crownpoint, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Drives NTU's strategic communication strategies and brand development while gradually improving the University's comprehensive marketing and communications plans. The position will manages and implements the University's promotion and visibility through print and electronic communication, public relations, advertising, marketing and event-related collateral.
This position description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required or assigned to this position.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure excellent and empathetic customer service with all campus personnel and the communities in which the University services.
- Creates and sustains an outstanding positive image of the University through well-defined integrated marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
- Formulates effective enrollment campaigns targeted to specific audiences for recruitment and retention of students, and impactful fundraising efforts.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and administering annual budget; and presenting and justifying budget recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Directs and supports the development of annual marketing plans with measureable goals, strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve results consistent with the University's overall mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Oversees University communication activities including: external and internal communications and systems, public relations efforts, external vendors and consultants.
- Manages electronic marketing efforts and online presence through supervision of the University's web site, social media sites and administrative blogs.
- Approves and directs advertising efforts through print online, radio, out-of-home, guerilla and direct marketing.
- Directs University's promotional items such as brochures, videos, newsletters and posters.
- Prepares and presents reports administrative reports through various mediums on the status, activities and plans for current and future University initiatives.
- Ensures productive relations with local, regional and national media outlets, industry executives, and government and tribal officials.
- Manages a digital archive of photographs pertaining to university activity.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and principles by attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; and conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Conducts market research for the University's various communication initiatives and aids in primary research for the University's various degree programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the supervision of staff, including work allocation, scheduling, training, and problem resolution.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication among personnel regarding departmental and university activities.
- Increases staff effectiveness by recruiting, hiring, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, evaluation and disciplining, and terminating personnel appropriately; communicates values, strategies, and objectives.
- Obtains, develops and maintains necessary personnel, training, and equipment to achieve financial, operational, and compliance expectations.
- Assures all communication activity aligns with NTU's overall mission, vision and philosophy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Planning, Business Management, Public Relations or related field.
- Five years marketing experience in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Three years in a management capacity.
- Experience within a higher education environments preferred.
- Valid and clean state driver's license.
- Must be able to pass background check, with NO prior convictions of any felonies.
The Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act applies to all hiring, promotions or transfers of individuals into this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient marketing techniques and media buys.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Skill in operating various programs with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
- Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
- Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Ability to innovate, produce and execute compelling marketing and communications programs with robust energy and creativity, often amidst tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to target specific market segments.
- Ability to manage projects according to established goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality according to the ethical standards of the University.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently exert physical energy, such as squatting and jogging, in covering the university's various activities.
- Must have normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills.
- Work on computers can be visually draining.
- The employee must occasionally carry up to 25 pounds.
- Work is typically performed within an office setting, but must be able to work on location for various university functions and events.
- Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Navajo Technical University
BusinessView all jobs at Navajo Technical University