Medical Assistant - Scherl Dermatology - Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Posted: 13 days ago
Sharon Scherl Dermatology
*Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following
- Greet patients with a smile in a professionals and engaging manner.
- Escort patients from lobby to the exam/treatment rooms.
- Collect patient medical information, update medical records and input information in EMR.
- Reconcile medications history.
- Ensure lasers are warmed up.
- Prepare, assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Perform and record a variety of treatment procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and maintain stock of supplies and medications.
- Set up exam rooms for all cosmetic, medical and surgical procedures.
- Fill out requisition forms and send out specimens.
- Removing sutures, conduct allergy patch placements, PDT and iontophoresis, and unpacking medical/office supplies.
- Perform a variety of clerical functions as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 1+ years of experience in managing patients in a dermatology setting preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, physicians, patients and vendors.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant required.
- Most Important: You’re a team player.
We offer competitive pay and full slate of benefits that includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
This position will require long shifts, weekend (will depend on schedule necessary at facility), closing, and opening shifts. Must work on-site.
Salary: $19 - $21/hourly
This role may require from time to time lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, and requiring light cleaning.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?