- Posted: over a month ago
Celebrating 97 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, the world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares.
Through our Nautique Cares initiatives, we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water but to people in need around the world. Be a part of an innovative, world-class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success. Nautique values people, performance, and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.Job Description
The Product Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring accurate component specifications in the design and development of products and any other duties that would be assigned.
- Define and design component specifications for mechanical systems from design through manufacturing completion.
- Generate engineering models, drawings, and bills of materials for new designs.
- Approve mechanical models and drawings for release.
- Assist in the development and design of composite parts and molds.
- Generate engineering change notices as required.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new products, programs, and strategies.
- Ensure and acquire component and system compliance with industry standards.
- Review and approve owner’s manuals for accurate and complete mechanical descriptions and information.
- Evaluate vendor-supplied items for their suitability regarding fit, finish, and performance.
- Assist with technical aspects of all warranty claims.
- Certification of products to include USCG and NMMA standards.
- Supervision of internal and external compliance testing.
- May be called to provide support for product liability litigation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with all members of the organization.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to provide training and technical direction for production integration.
- Ability to juggle and manage competing tasks and demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to make sound judgments and take the initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines and make decisions within functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- 3D CAD Modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks
- 3-5 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage own work without direct supervision
- Strategic mindset with solid technical and analytical ability
- Must have a valid driver's license (subject to MVR)
- Experience in the marine industry
- Experience with the development of composite parts
- Knowledge of composite molding process
- Ability to trailer a boat
- Experience with composite molding, technical drawings, and documentation
- Technical drawings and documentation
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature occasionally.
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds when necessary.
- This is a safety-sensitive position.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Incentive Plan
- DailyPay services
Nautique is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.
Nautique Boat Company
BusinessView all jobs at Nautique Boat Company