Recondition Forklift Technician
- Expired: June 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Naumann/Hobbs is looking for YOU to fill our Recondition Forklift Technician position in our Fontana, CA branch.
We are the largest Material Handling Equipment Company in the Southwest. Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Inc. sells, rents, services, and supplies parts on an extensive line of material handling products. We are a staple in the Valley with almost 70 years of business experience and over 100 million in annual sales.
The Recondition Forklift Technician will maintain, inspect, service, recondition, repair forklifts for Naumann/Hobbs used equipment department. Technicians will diagnose mechanical and electrical issues, complete preventative maintenance, repair brakes and suspension, and welding among other job duties. This position is performed in a shop environment at the company location. It cannot be performed remotely.
What you will do:
- Diagnostic and conduct inspections on forklifts.
- Will do repairs with minimal assistance (i.e., hoses, fan belt, tune up).
- Understand equipment electrical systems.
- Can navigate online dealer websites and repair manuals.
- Reconditioning of forklifts such as (Crown, Jungheinrich, CAT, etc.)
- Welding/Fabrication Experience (Preferred not required).
- Body Shop Experience (Forklift/Automotive- Preferred not required)
- Ability to work on multiple classes of equipment.
- Paint surfaces with scratches, scuffs, faded paint, etc.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Follow Company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt, dust, harsh chemicals
- Perform other task/duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Maintain current drivers license
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Use hands in a grip motion with the ability to hold and control tools
- Bend, sit, squat, and crawl under equipment, and to ascend & descend a ladder
- Stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop and kneel
- Push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Lift 50 pounds and to be able to lift and carry 45 pounds
- Be able to work around fumes, odors, chemicals and/or loud noises
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to a noise level representative of an industrial workspace.
- The employee may be exposed to sunlight as not all work is performed in a covered shop environment.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
What will we do for you:
- Positive work environment that encourages growth and offers a work/life balance
- Monday - Friday work week
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick time
- Discounts at major retailers and more
Naumann/Hobbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening check.
Powered by JazzHR
Naumann Hobbs Material Handling Inc
AutomotiveView all jobs at Naumann Hobbs Material Handling Inc