Outdoor School Nurse/Medic (RN or LPN/LVN)
- $275 to $300 Daily
Nature's Classroom New England is looking for adventurous nurses to join our team this fall. This seasonal position is perfect for people who love travel nursing, exploring the outdoors, and providing care for kids. We provide housing and meals as part of this job, and we accept applicants from all over the country. On-site housing and meals are provided for employees at each of our beautiful locations and we accept applicants from all over the country.
Freedom, NH; Groton, MA; Yarmouth Port, MA; Great Barrington, MA; Ivoryton, CT; Lakeside, CT; Ocean Park, ME
Who we are
We are the largest outdoor and environmental education program in the northeastern US, specializing in experiential education with an emphasis on science, nature, and social-emotional learning. We offer fun and transformative programming for elementary and middle school students, who travel to us for overnight field trips. We host hundreds of schools each spring and fall at our 7 beautiful sites.
As a Nurse at Nature's Classroom, your primary responsibility will be providing healthcare to elementary and middle school students participating in our multi-day programs. You will live on-site and be on-call 24/7 during student visits from Monday to Friday. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing healthcare tailored to individual student needs.
- Administering treatments, monitoring progress, and referring students to local medical professionals if required.
- Adhering to healthcare policies and procedures outlined in the Healthcare Manual and local doctor-provided Standing Orders.
- Creating a Medication Administration Record (MAR) for each school and distributing medications as prescribed.
- Collaborating with teaching staff to ensure emergency medications are readily available during activities.
- Maintaining accurate, detailed medical records in compliance with state.
- Communicating with school nurses and students' families to address questions regarding medications, medical history, and/or allergies.
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies in coordination with the Healthcare Administrator.
Dates of Employment - Seasonal
This is a seasonal, temporary position for the fall. Each of our locations starts and ends at slightly different times. In general, the fall season starts around September 5 and ends around December 1, 2023. The season begins approximately one week before student arrival to allow for training, health center setup, and coordination of supplies with the Healthcare Administrator.
Salary & Benefits
- Daily rate: $275-$300
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel
- Seasonal housing provided (No pets or ESAs)
- Most meals provided
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Valid RN or LPN/LVN license
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Ability to live on-site
- Proficiency in reading and following medication labels, health forms, physician orders, and parent letters
- Ability to obtain licenses in NH, ME, MA, and/or CT
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children, either as a nurse or in another setting.
- Reliable vehicle.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including Google Sheets and Documents.
- Endurance to address emergency needs.
If this job sounds like an exciting opportunity, we encourage you to apply! Our application process only takes a few minutes. You'll be asked to submit your resume and answer a few questions. If you are selected to continue to the next step, you'll be asked to schedule a video interview and provide references.
For any questions or inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming dedicated and passionate nurses to our Nature's Classroom team for the Fall 2023 season. Join us in making a difference in the lives of students through experiential outdoor education!
Nature's Classroom New EnglandYarmouth Port, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.