Since our founding in 2011, Nature's Bakery has been baking better-for-you snacks to nourish families and enable them to thrive. We believe that the choice to snack healthier should be an easy and desirable one. Today, we are a top 10 granola and snack bar brand, with approximately 500 employees baking soft-baked snacks with real, recognizable, and wholesome ingredients, such as whole grains and sun-ripened fruits.
Our marketplace success led us to join forces with KIND to create a health and wellness platform within Mars, Inc. While continuing to operate as a standalone company, we are now part one of the most well-regarded consumer goods company in the world. That independence allows us to remain an agile, insurgent brand committed to our brand purpose and founding.
Nature's Bakery is a fast-growing company with a bright future ahead. We have achieved great things, and there is more opportunity for growth both on the digital and retail shelves, through expanded distribution with existing and new retail customers. To achieve our aspirations, we are expanding our team of growth-minded, nimble, and entrepreneurial individuals who like to roll up their sleeves and get things done. We think like owners, act like operators.
So, come join us to create a world of snacking that is both good, and good for you.
About The Role
As a Senior Buyer you will play a crucial role in ensuring the availability of ingredients, managing co-manufacturers, and driving trust and collaboration with suppliers. This position requires close cooperation with various teams, including Marketing, Product Development, and Planning. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will also assist in delivering value leadership by actively contributing to cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives. This role is primarily remote, with the corporate office based in Reno, Nevada. If you have a proven track record in procurement, project management, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, we invite you to join our team and make a significant impact on our operations.
The Critical Success Factors
You will be most successful if you:
- Effectively managed ingredient availability, proactively anticipating demand, preventing shortages, and maintaining uninterrupted production.
- Managed co-manufacturers, including contract management, adherence to quality standards, and timely procurement of Ingredient and packaging materials to support co-manufacturing operations.
- Delivered significant cost savings through strategic procurement initiatives, including negotiating favorable terms, identifying alternative suppliers, and implementing efficient procurement processes.
- Fostered trust and collaboration with suppliers, resulting in mutually beneficial partnerships and optimized costs, quality, and delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition, our ideal candidate should [demonstrate exceptional communication and allowing them to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and build trusting relationships with suppliers. The ideal candidate should exhibit a solutions-focused mindset, proactively identifying opportunities and taking a strategic approach to procurement. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks are also essential qualities we seek. Ultimately, a high level of integrity, respect for others, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team are key attributes we value for success in this role.
The Minimum And/Or Technical Requirements
At minimum, the candidate for the [Senior Buyer] must have:
- A BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field and 2+ years of purchasing and project management experience. Or equivalent experience of 5+ years in purchasing and project management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external suppliers.
- Proficient in using procurement and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Your Career Journey At Nature's Bakery
As a young company, we have had the opportunity to shape, reinforce and live our five core company values daily:
- Growth Minded. You are incessantly curious, you believe career development is journey built on experiences, feedback and personal growth
- Solutions-Focused. You excel at both thinking and doing and have a track record of turning organizational objectives into actionable solutions
- You thrive in environments where team members treat each other with respect and support one another, in fact you believe the best solutions emerge when you can engage in fact-based, low-ego discussions
- Stronger Together. Working as a team towards a common goal, we thrive on collaboration because we believe each of us has a unique perspective to offer
- "Doing the right thing" guides you, it is the compass that guides every decision and action you take
Our culture enables our success as individuals and as a company. From the start, you will have ownership over projects because we are a lean organization that tightly collaborates for faster decision-making. In doing so, you will deepen your skillsets while having exposure to broader experiences and senior leadership. Named by Fortune as one of the "World's Best Workplaces," Mars, Inc. is a purpose-driven organization that will also provide you access to advancement and career growth opportunities, either within Nature's Bakery or the broader Mars family of companies.
Our brand purpose extends to our own employees—we know that when you thrive, so does the company. That is why we offer market competitive compensation. In addition to a competitive base salary, our annual incentive plan rewards achievement toward company and individual goals.
Our benefits package reflects our commitment to your health and wellness. Every team member is offered 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, life, AD&D (accidental death and dismemberment), and short-term disability insurance. Our 401(k) plan provides a safe harbor company match. Team members receive 10 paid holidays a year and paid time off. Finally, there is a suite of other benefits, such as a healthcare flexible spending account, a one-year subscription to Peloton Digital Membership (a $155 value), wellness activities and wellness awards (valued at up to $400), and an employee assistance program offering free confidential legal, financial, and counseling services.
The duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and meet strategic objectives.
Nature's Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Nature's BakeryReno, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.