Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Nature's Bakery, LLC Reno, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
This position is held responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel, the quality and safety of food products produced, the safety of personnel, the ongoing housekeeping of assigned areas and adherence to the production schedule while minimizing scrap (food waste) and optimizing line efficiencies under the guidance from The Director of Site Operations during a shift of Production. This role will partner with Production, Quality, Safety, Maintenance, Warehouse, Sanitation, Human Resources, Finance and IT teams. For off-shifts, the Shift Supervisor functions as the senior leader across groups and often supports coordination/prioritization of activities for maintenance & sanitation as well. Actively engages in root cause analysis and continuous improvement exercises providing solutions to issues and how to optimize results. Maximizes the use of personnel through ongoing training, coaching and regular daily feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains the entire work area in a neat, safe and orderly fashion at all times using Lean Manufacturing techniques. Complies with all Company and Plant policies and procedures including conformance to the facilities’ GMP program (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Ensures all OSHA guidelines are followed at all times and reports any unsafe conditions to superior immediately. Validates the use of the Plants’ lock-out/tag-out procedures, job rotation program, etc. as needed.
- Verifies quality standards (water activity, bar color, code dating, cartoning quality, weight control, etc.) are being met in the area assigned by ensuring employees complete requisite quality tests and record results on forms provided. Visual inspections are made on an ongoing basis with corrective action as needed.
- Accountable for raw material scrap reduction (elimination of food waste), ongoing superior weight control and elimination of hold product. Effectively controls direct labor costs by ensuring high line efficiencies and first pass yields that meets or exceeds Plants’ goals. Schedules employees to standard levels or below while minimizing the use of overtime.
- Manages the cleanliness, schedules the maintenance and repair of all equipment through assigned machine operators. Verifies that all equipment is free of tape or other temporary repairs and submits work orders as needed to maintain equipment in like-new condition.
- Team performs required set-up and changeovers using pre-flight checklists, testing of all equipment prior to scheduled start time and the use of SMED tools. Change parts are to be maintained in designated area completely sanitized and protected.
- Between flavors, validates that all prior runs’ materials are cleared from the area to prevent mixing of doughs, jams, film, cartons and master cartons.
- Attains 100% of daily schedules as written to ensure total customer satisfaction for on-time departure.
- Develops, maintains and posts visual key performance indicators (KPI’s) to provide ongoing feedback regarding productivity, quality, safety and sanitation and housekeeping. Conducts daily “tailgate meetings” for employees covering prior days’ performance and current days’ requirements.
- Ensures all paperwork required is completed, maintained and entered into Production Efficiency and/or ERP systems as required. This includes but is not limited to recording of lot numbers of materials consumed, assigned quality checks, production quantities, etc. Reconciles with QA records for verification of quantities to ensure ability to trace all materials at 100%. Maintains and ensures time sheets is accurate for assigned employees daily.
- Supports various Corporate initiatives to include Lean Manufacturing, SPC, and others.
- Manages direct reports providing timely feedback on goals and objectives. Maintains and develops a motivated well-trained staff through development and execution of Skill- assessments and Training Matrix. Addresses both positive and negative performance and behaviors as needed.
- Provides well thought-out ideas to ongoing issues regarding food safety, quality, cost reduction, turnover, etc. and takes own actions for continuous improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following list that follows is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Adherence to safety, GMP and efficiency standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have solid math skills with the ability to interpret results.
- Sound mechanical aptitude to “see” issues causing quality or throughput issues and assign resources to repair.
- Position must have a keen attention to detail, ensuring all quality standards are met at all time.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to plan, organize and schedule machinery and personnel to scheduled requirements
- The stamina to keep pace with a brisk work environment understanding that each minute of downtime results in increased costs and lost business.
- Gets the job done in a timely manner with superior results while getting the most out of available resources (people, materials, equipment).
- Bilingual a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Business Management or 3-5 years related work experience in Food Manufacturing.
- 3-5 years of experience in Supervisory role. Experience in a bakery with high speed wrapping and cartooning equipment is a plus.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a manufacturing setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. The employee is exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work in a food-manufacturing/food distribution environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is an Exempt position.
Nature's Bakery believes that simple, wholesome snacks are the best fuel for active, joyful lives. Founded in 2011, Nature’s Bakery was built on a promise to always deliver better-for-you snacks that taste as good as they make you feel. We bake our own bars with recipes that prioritize real, simple, and wholesome ingredients like sun-ripened fruit and hearty whole grains to create soft-baked snacks that are plant-based, nut-free, dairy-free, and 100% Non-GMO Project Verified. We are best known for our whole wheat Fig Bars but are continuously innovating with Gluten Free Fig Bars, Oatmeal Crumble Bars, Double Chocolate Brownie Bars and more!
Today, we are one of the fastest growing snack brands in the category and have recently joined KIND, a healthy snacking leader, and the Mars family of companies, to accelerate the growth of our healthier snacking platform. We have a bright future ahead of us. Come bake with us and create a world of snacking that is both good, and good for you.
Nature's Bakery, LLC
ABOUT NATURE’S BAKERY Nature's Bakery believes that simple, wholesome snacks are the best fuel for active, joyful lives. Founded in 2011, Nature’s Bakery was built on a promise to always deliver better-for-you snacks that taste as good as they make you feel. We bake our own bars with recipes that prioritize real, simple, and wholesome ingredients like sun-ripened fruit and hearty whole grains to create soft-baked snacks that are plant-based, nut-free, dairy-free, and 100% Non-GMO Project Verified. We are best known for our whole wheat Fig Bars but are continuously innovating with Gluten Free Fig Bars, Oatmeal Crumble Bars, Double Chocolate Brownie Bars and more! Today, we are one of the fastest growing snack brands in the category and have recently joined KIND, a healthy snacking leader, and the Mars family of companies, to accelerate the growth of our healthier snacking platform. We have a bright future ahead of us. Come bake with us and create a world of snacking that is both good, and good for you.
5150 Convair Dr. Carson CityReno, NV