Excited to work from the comfort of your own home while you tackle the full-spectrum of accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, transaction processing, financial statement analysis and related functions?
Eager to join a team of high-performing, yet humble A-players that simply get things done? Excited to be a part a rapidly growing $250 billion+ industry while measurable improving peoples lives?
If so, and youre a seasoned, results-driven, detail-oriented accounting/finance professional with lots of experience working independently and has an incessant drive towards excellence, thrives in a cloud based environment and a get-it-done now mentality, wed love to talk.
To be clear, we are seeking someone who can grow into the role of a Controller... someone with existing staff accounting experience (or limited Controller experience) who has the passion to learn and grow into the role of a Controller. We want to invest in you just as much as you want to invest in us.
Weve posted this role to describe the actual opportunity and the day-to-day responsibilities. To be 100% clear, this involves heavy hands-on transaction processing and reconciliations as well as strategically analyzing existing processes and systems and identifying ways to do things more efficiently.
Were really looking for a seasoned accountant who has made lots of mistakes, has learned from those and mastered the art of executing in an accurate, disciplined, efficient manner.
Who We Are:
We're an 8-figure direct response company that's been profitable since our founding in 2010. Were in the process of re-branding our company to Metabolic Living. As part of this, were launching a branded e-commerce website that more accurately reflects our full suite of products weve developed.
And to help lead us into our next stage of growth, were hiring a hands-on, detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to continue building out our small, but highly efficient accounting and finance team. There are a number of exciting opportunities we need a full-time Senior Staff Accountant to be responsible for.
We're riding the $250+ billion annual tidal wave of demand for natural health products. And were positioning our new brand to be right on top of that wave. It is an extremely exciting time for us now.
Our nutrition courses and exercise programs are designed to deliver the most results in the least time. For example, our exercise videos deliver the same or better benefits in just 15 minutes, 3 times a week than do traditional exercise programs that require 60 minutes, 5 times a week. Yes, really.
You can see an example of one of our exercise products at http://www.metabolicrenewal.com as our e-commerce happens on product-specific websites for now. All e-commerce will happen on http://www.metabolicliving.com as part of the re-branding.
We also formulate state-of-the-art nutritional supplements and functional foods that fuel your metabolism to generate the energy you need to consistently perform at your peak. For example, instead of taking weeks to notice a difference, it takes just days to feel better.
We practice what we preach: our company is designed so everyone both enjoys their work challenges while having plenty of time to do what they love to do the most in their life. We recruit only high-performing, humble people who produce in fast cycles, hold themselves accountable and have fun.
Who We Need:
Were scouring the U.S. for a full-time, hyper-talented Senior Staff Accountant with in-depth, hands-on experience managing daily accounting functions in a virtual, cloud-based environment. It is a remote/work-at-home position with a very flexible work/vacation schedule as lifestyle is hugely important to our company given what we do.
This opportunity is suited only for a high-performing Senior Staff Accountant with an acute focus on detail and proven ability to get things done cleanly, on time, consistently and reliably. The ideal person is someone who relishes being hands-on in all facets of back office accounting.
Just as we obsess about creating healthy living products that get the most results in the least time, were looking for someone equally obsessed about doing the same thing by continually focusing on efficiencies. We really need a strong systems-oriented thinker who regularly proposes new insights into our processes.
Finally, were looking for someone who can collaborate in real-time with the companys CFO and leadership team. This can require real-time communication throughout the day.
What the Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Experience using cloud-based accounting systems (Quickbooks Online preferred) and various third party products that are part of the QBO ecosystem.
- Hyper-detailed with a keen focus on meeting deadlines.
- 4+ years experience as a staff accountant doing accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, transaction processing, financial statement analysis and related functions
- A whiz at reconciliations and spotting transaction anomalies.
- Possesses a very positive can do attitude with a strong sense of urgency to get things done.
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities with a seasoned sense of when and how to re-prioritize.
- Is absolutely stoked by seeing initiatives he/she has suggested come to fruition.
- Is very curious and has a sense of humility.
- Youre a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
- Youre available during normal Eastern business hours (8:30 a.m. 5 p.m. ET) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events.
What Youll Be Doing:
- General Ledger
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts
- Reconcile/post daily bank and credit card feeds
- Run daily sales reports from internal system and post to general ledger
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile credit card accounts
- Account analysis
- Manage accounts payable process
- Add/maintain vendors
- Manage HubDoc
- Review and input all payable invoices received
- Manage Bill.com
- Pay all liabilities approved by owners
- Update weekly payables report
- Update internal system as invoices are paid
- Research and resolve any payment issues, including returned payments, etc
- Maintain HR information in Gusto
- Pay Customer Service Representatives through Payoneer
- Run periodic payroll in Gusto
- Coordinate payroll liabilities with retirement TPA
- Credit card payment processing
- Work with payment processor on any other payment related issues
- Respond to payment inquiries from payment processors
- Respond to payment processor early alerts to avoid chargebacks
- Process and respond to payment processor chargebacks
- Analyze and report on monthly processing fees
- Create daily balance report by reviewing all escrow requirements and account balances
- Prepare monthly credit card chargeback tracking/trend reports
- Generate daily joint venture reports to JV manager
- Run/analyze monthly financials including profit and loss statements and balance sheet
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested
- Calculate required tax escrows and update weekly
- Calculate and pay sales and use taxes and file returns
- Affiliate Fees & Royalties
- Calculate and pay affiliate fees
- Calculate and pay royalties
- Respond to questions from affiliates
5 Key Attributes We Look For:
- Quickly Engages Attacks projects immediately, doing just the right amount of planning to avoid analysis paralysis, constantly pushing and maintaining high intensity.
- Takes Ownership Takes personal responsibility for projects due to a deep sense of pride, going the extra mile, constantly surprising, solving problems proactively.
- Produces Results Prioritizes work based on whats most impactful to company, while deftly cycling through tasks to produce the most meaningful results the fastest.
- Relentlessly Persists Embraces get-it-done attitude, relentlessly attacks problems at different angles until something works, staying resilient until the task is done.
- Collaborates Smoothly Gels well within or across teams, respecting others, communicating candidly, no hidden agendas, coordinating effectively so things get done faster.
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- Highly Competitive Salary This respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer that any company would die to have on their team.
- Performance Bonuses Additional cash compensation based both on company as well as individual performance, allowing you to participate in the companys upside success.
- Flexible Benefits We can customize your benefits to your specific situation, rather than forcing you to accept something that may not make sense for you.
- Work-from-Home Flexibility A fantastic lifestyle that allows you to work from home, have flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that youll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
If this sounds like a good fit, if youre excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we cant wait to meet you!