Medical Assistant Family Practice
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
*Under general supervision performs both front office and back office duties to include related support services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with reasonable accommodation.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers injections, assists with non-invasive and direct patient care procedures, such as EKGs, vision and hearing screenings.. Assists with medical examinations as specified and within the medical assistant scope of practice.
- Obtains patient medical history, vital signs, and ensures that all quality metrics are completed, documented and in compliance
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies, immunization and operating supplies. Ensures that all equipment is calibrated, charged, and cleaned. Maintains and stocks required medical supplies in exam rooms.
- Registers patients to include, updating patient information, data entry of demographics, and any other required information as described by policy.
- Prepares for next day clinic by identifying appointment types and appointment preparation;
- Provides exceptional customer service internally and externally. Greets each customer with appropriate introduction. Addresses concerns prior to end of interaction. Assists with other departments as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of a formal Medical Assistant program
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Ability to navigate an EHR system -EPIC is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Spreadsheets and other electronic computer programs
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required
- Insurance verification
- Answering phones
- Performing injections
- Sterilizing instruments
- Performing EKGs
- Administering medications
Natomas Family Practice Medical Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?