Job Description: Summary of Position
The Content Writer develops and creates content for website content, blogs, landing pages, articles, e-newsletters, white papers, content for social media, brochures, catalogs, sales collateral, print ads, and other print publications. Writer will interface with leadership, internal and external technical experts and be comfortable with interviewing sources. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role. The Content Writer must be capable of producing well-researched and accurate content on tight deadlines.
Job Specification: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create content and copy for a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social media, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, print, etc.)
- Research industry related topics and interview subject matter experts
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Promote content on social media. Build a following for brand on social media with creative work.
- This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Three to four years’ experience writing for a company
- Bachelor’s degree in creative Writing, Journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Thorough knowledge of standard writing practices for web content and traditional media
- Knowledge of basic web and graphic design fundamentals.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO best practices.
- Computer skills, including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs.
- Confident in producing work across web, digital and traditional platforms.