As one of the largest cannabis companies in the country, Native Roots is always on the look out for the best and brightest talent to join our team. With 20+ locations across Colorado and growing, this is a great time to join the Native Roots Fam. Visit our about us page to learn more about Native Roots and our quest to Liberate Happiness!
The VP of Marketing is responsible for overseeing marketing and media strategy, creative, customer research, paid, social, and earned media, event sponsorships, internal product branding and retail store design. Successful candidates will have previous experience creating scalable strategies/processes to drive growth and working in an intensely collaborative environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with other executive team members to define company short and long-term objectives that enable the company to achieve its purpose.
- Collaborate closely with CEO and Executive Leadership team to develop + determine key company strategies and decisions.
- Develop and manage overall marketing budget with a strong focus on driving traffic and awareness return along with other key metrics to be determined.
- Continue to build and lead a highly functioning and results-oriented marketing team with oversight of the annual marketing budget.
- Steward the company's values and purpose within the marketing team and throughout the organization through strong cross functional engagement and by inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Seek, share, and adopt best practices from both inside and outside of the company and act as a champion for change Customer Experience and Insights.
- Develop key customer segments and personas used to drive targeted customer engagement for retail and product brands.
- Create an elevated and innovative customer experience by utilizing a high level of sophistication and experience around customer insights, segmentation and loyalty.
- Develop consumer insights, intelligence and data analytics to leverage the information and lead the charge regarding fact-based decision making to support marketing business objectives and customer experience.
- Create robust consumer segmentation strategies that enable the brand to communicate in a targeted and relevant way with current and prospective customers.
Brand Vision and Evangelism
- Develop a strong understanding of the cannabis consumer, and ensure that retail brands and product brands alike are focused on key and strategically aligned consumer segments.
- Further develop and enhance compelling visions and architectures for retail and in-house product brands aligned with the company values and purpose.
- Create, deliver, and drive North American brand strategy across targeted marketing initiatives, campaigns, and announcements through all company business units.
- Build awareness, equity, preference, and credibility for the brand and develop the capability to manage and measure that over time.
- Support the different organizational departments in representing the retail and product brands in a consistent and strategically aligned manner.
Marketing Strategies and Execution
- Develop brand engagement strategies that reflect the vision for each of the brands (retail and product) that result in integrated marketing executions.
- Execute cutting-edge marketing strategies, including go-to-market strategies, brand management, positioning, key messaging, advertising/media, trade events, web, social media and development of sales collateral for retail and wholesale channels.
- Oversee the development, execution, and communication of long-range and seasonal omni-channel marketing strategies across all product lines and retail brands.
- Lead go-to-market strategy. Integrate multi-channel calendars detailing marketing execution, expenses and financial requirements.
- Identify new market opportunities that can deliver significant revenue and margin growth including the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies.
- Measure the success of the marketing strategies against plan and against the targeted customer makeup and adjust based upon results.
- Lead in house and contract creative teams and continue to develop practices and programs that enhance the teams position as meaningful thought partners, delivering a competitive advantage in the North American market.
- Construct creative briefs to deliver creative in-market strategies that evoke emotion with target consumers, telling compelling stories and laddering up to brand strategy.
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, educational and experiential growth opportunities.
- Grow the brand presence by bringing in an evolutionary, disruptive mindset to create a stand out customer experience against its competitors.
- Develop PR strategy in collaboration with the Director of Public Affairs to deliver communications that meet brand objectives and market needs, defining what stories to tell, where and how to tell them, with clear priorities and brand guidelines.
- Determine and promote company presence at conventions, meetings, and seminars.
- Lead a consistent and brand relevant voice in the execution of all social media activities ensuring Native Roots is communicating in an edgy yet professional and unique voice.
- Drive a consistent customer experience across retail, digital and external brand touchpoints to better streamline operational success across all departments.
- Manage and further develop the companies personalized marketing and loyalty program capabilities to drive deeper retail and product engagement.
- Stay ahead on all digital marketing mediums that drive brand relevance, increase brand awareness, maximize traffic, conversion and omni-channel engagement.
- Manage goals for tracking and delivering traffic in store and online.
- 12 years of progressive experience in complex, best-in-class, customer-centric companies that create emotional connections with their customers by delivering exceptional products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience managing a house of brands at different life stages (start up/established).
- Experience with and passion for mission driven brands (CPG experience preferred).
- Marketing budget oversight - strong analytical and business management skills with proven ability to manage against revenue and spending budgets, determine MROI.
- Successful communicator who possesses superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Exceptional intellect: a combination of mental flexibility, analytical skills, creativity, conceptual ability, and judgment: someone who deals effectively with strategic issues as well as the detailed tactical activity involved in evolving a marketing practice.
- Performance driven with an operational approach, coupled with a bias for action and results: an energetic, agile, highly motivated executive who relishes challenges, tirelessly pursues objectives, and has an effective and energizing leadership style.
- Highly collaborative: a person who wants to win with and through others and can work as part of the senior management team as well as operate and develop a top-flight marketing organization.
- Proven leadership ability as well as strength in building teams and internal partnerships.
- Track record of leading through change and proven success in managing through a matrixed organization, driving a cross-functional team towards better outcomes.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution.
- Market expert: someone who is future-oriented and has knowledge of the ever-changing cannabis market.
- Must already possess or receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) badge
- Genuine interest in the team, proven ability to create accountability and follow through.
- Experience developing team members, setting goals around new skill acquisition and providing resources to support growth.
- Consumer insights and data-driven with a strong experience in digital technologies.
- Travel Required with expansion.
- MS or MBA
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes.
Powered by JazzHR