Stationary Engineer - Ft. Meade
- $30 to $39 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Stationary Engineers: are the individuals that service the central plant and are required to staff the Science Center on a 24/7 basis throughout the period of the contract. Shall also be responsible for the installation of new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. Works with manager to determine what tasks need to be outsourced.
- Operates and maintains one or more systems that provide an establishment with such services as heat, air-conditioning (cool, humidify, dehumidify, filter, and circulate air), refrigeration, steam or high-temperature water or electricity.
- Duties involve:
- Observing and interpreting readings on gauges, meters and charts which register various aspects of the system's operation, adjusting controls to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided, recording in logs various aspects of the system's operation, keeping the engines, machinery and equipment of the system in good working order.
- May direct and coordinate activities of other workers (not stationary engineers) in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the system or systems.
- Knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry and General Maintenance a must.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, preventative maintenance, service and repair of small, medium and heavy commercial air conditioning and multi-zone heating and cooling systems.
- Brazing, welding, and soldering of all piping materials a plus.
- Make repairs and test equipment following repair.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Reading wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Knowledge of installation and repair of controls and control systems.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the installation of inert gas cylinders and dewars.
- Log all freon IAW Fed, State and local EPA regulations.
- Replace lighting and fixtures as needed.
- Must be a self-starter and work well unsupervised to complete assigned task.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Following instructions, both verbal and written.
- Read, understand, blue-prints, wiring diagrams, and manufacture’s recommendations of equipment.
- Safely operate hand tools, power-hand tools, and complete roof inspections required by assignments.
- Computer skills for Building Automation System Navigation.
- Attend training as scheduled and/or required.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Must have experience in HVAC, air handling, deionizer water, chilled water condenser, hot water, compressed air, electronic gate systems, and boilers.
- Current 1st class Maryland boiler plant operation licenses.
- Experience with building automation systems and have at least four (4) years of experience in the trade
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with no major infractions.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- A valid driver’s license
- High Pressure Steam Boiler Plant experience
- Experience working in a government facility
Native Energy & Technology, Inc. is a family business with a strong commitment to maintaining a Work/Life balance.
Native Energy & Technology, Inc. is Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Native Energy & TechnologyWashington, DC
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.