- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plumbers are responsible for the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of plumbing fixtures for drainage and water systems. Plumbers also oversee the fitting and repair of sanitation systems such as showers, toils and sinks. Plumbers in performing their duties inspect work sites to determine the type and amount of material/equipment required for a plumbing work. They study blueprints to understand the structure of a water supply or drainage system. Their role also entails testing plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults. Plumbers utilize a range of equipment/tools among which include wrench, spade, rule, and saw. They use the equipment in measuring, cutting, threading, and assembling pipes and other plumbing structures.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain pipes and drains
- Repair clogged pipes and clear drains
- Repair water supply piping systems
- Utilize hand tools in fitting of valves, couplings and components for tanks, pumps or other plumbing system
- Immerse pipes in chemical solutions such as bleach and dispersants to remove oil, dirt, and scale
- Mount hangers and brackets on walls to provide support for pipes
- Ensure compliance with building codes and set safety standards
- Inspect plumbing systems to identify issues and initiate repairs
- Maintain the buildings’ water and sanitation
- Install plumbing systems such as sinks, toilets, and install supports and hangers for plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- Troubleshoot plumbing fixtures to perform repair or replacement of damaged components
- Oversee the selection and procurement of materials required for a plumbing installation/repair
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing job tasks due to exposure to hazards common to plumbing and facility maintenance work
- Other facility maintenance duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Attention to small details and highly organized
- Knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Must maintain facilities and keep them in above average condition
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record to drive at the job site
- Must have and maintain Texas Plumbers license/certifications
- Detail-oriented and highly safety-conscious
- Candidate must pass a physical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with complex systems and/or the industrial sector.
- Experience working in a government facility
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Security Clearance Requirements
- It is mandatory that all Contractor personnel working onsite at federal facilities meet federal government security clearance standards. The Contractor shall submit security clearance information, for each employee, as required by current government identification card application procedures and future requirements as applicable.
- All employees must be authorized as acceptable under by the contracting officer for the prime contract under which this employee is working.
Native Energy & Technology
Get fresh Maintenance Plumber jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.