Journeyman Electrician - Data Center Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Electrician shall be responsible for performing a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
· Install or repair any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment, including overhead door operators, equipment controls and low voltage controls.
· Must know working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
· Test electrical currents or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of the current National Electrical Code (NEC).
· Must be able to work from drawings, layouts, blueprints, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
· Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
· Must comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
· Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operations and Maintenance for the data center.
- Must be willing/able to work outside in hot, cold conditions.
- Knowledge with electrical doors, clean power generators, emergency lighting, UPS system along with Generac generator.
- Panels-lighting, power, and clean power.
- Fuse distribution panels
- Crash barrier units.
- Must be able to work on site eight hours per day, Monday through Friday
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Must have knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Must be able to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Must have and maintain a State Certified Electrician License.
- Three to five years relevant work experience, and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to complete each task assignment.
- Minimum of 3 years working in Facility/Bldg. or Apt./Commercial/Industrial Complex Operation and Maintenance.
- Minimum of 2 years HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing or general mechanical maintenance experience. Ex-military with similar skills are encouraged.
- Experience working with bobcats, fork trucks and plow trucks
- Valid driver’s license is required
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Security Clearance Requirements
- It is mandatory that all Contractor personnel working onsite at federal facilities meet federal government security clearance standards. The Contractor shall submit security clearance information, for each employee, as required by current government identification card application procedures and future requirements as applicable.
- All employees must be authorized as acceptable under by the contracting officer for the prime contract under which this employee is working.
- Candidate must pass a physical exam along with a thorough background investigation
Native Energy & Technology
Get fresh Electrical Technician Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!