HVAC Technician Laboratory Lead - Ann Arbor, MI
Native Energy & Technology Livonia, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To Apply for this position please go to www.native-energy.com/careers
The HVAC Mechanic shall be responsible for performing routine maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. The HVAC Mechanic must have at least 10 years’ experience in an Industrial complex/laboratory setting. The Facility is comprised of 160,000 square foot auto emission lab situated on 14.92 acres of land enclosed by a controlled-access perimeter fence. Shall also be responsible for the installation of new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Review weekly maintenance schedule.
- Address concerns with the project manager.
- Review and assign work to maintenance employees.
- Maintain schedule compliance and priority.
- Complete maintenance jobs in accordance with the highest standards of efficiency.
- Review maintenance jobs completed by other employees.
- Streamline associated repair costs and job execution.
- Ensure prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and other employees.
- Assists in troubleshooting, diagnosis, service and repair of heavy commercial air conditioning and multi-zone heating and cooling systems.
- Test electrical currents or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
- Reassemble and test equipment following repairs.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Layout and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician’s hand tools.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Operates forklift, skid steer and plow truck.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMEDATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The HVAV Mechanic assists with indoor/outdoor operation and high-level upkeep of a gov’t facility environment with minimal disruptions of regular, ongoing NVFEL business during normal operation hours.
- Responsible for and assists others in the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical (HVAC/R, Compressors, etc…), electrical systems (UPS, Gen’s., MCC’s etc..) and life safety systems found in a modern, ISO-certified auto emission lab.
- Must be willing/able to work outside in hot, cold conditions, and assist snow removal.
- Responsibility for fume hood, scrubbers, domestic hot water pumps, unit heater/coolers, backflow preventers
- 800 Ton chiller maintenance
- Must be able to work on site eight hours per day, Monday through Friday
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Demonstrated ability to work with MS Office
- Successful experience working in a team environment
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Enjoy maintaining facilities and keeping them in above average condition.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Must have knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Must have experience in HVAC, air handling, deionizer water, chilled water condenser, hot water, compressed air, electronic gate systems, and boilers.
- Must have and maintain Michigan HVAC licenses/certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years working in Facility/Bldg. or Apt./Commercial/Industrial Complex Operation and Maintenance.
- Minimum of 2 years HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing or general mechanical maintenance experience. Ex-military with similar skills are encouraged.
- Experience working with bobcats, fork trucks and plow trucks
- Valid driver’s license is required
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Security Clearance Requirements
- It is mandatory that all Contractor personnel working onsite at federal facilities meet federal government security clearance standards. The Contractor shall submit security clearance information, for each employee, as required by current government identification card application procedures and future requirements as applicable.
- All employees must be authorized as acceptable under by the contracting officer for the prime contract under which this employee is working.
- Candidate must pass a physical exam along with a thorough background investigation
Native Energy & TechnologyWhy Work Here?
Native Energy & Technology, Inc. is a family business with a strong commitment to maintaining a Work/Life balance.
Native Energy & Technology, Inc. is Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.