Supportive Housing Case Manager
The position of case manager provides the necessary stability to the residents of the property through initial move in orientation of community rules and program rules, case management services, and enforcement of all property rules and state and federal laws for residents residing at Native American Connections (NAC) properties.
Location: Various sites in Phoenix
- A full understanding of NAC's philosophy of housing and resident wellness
- Administer the SPADT assessment tool in required intervals.
- Maintain timely, accurate case management written file documentation on participant attendance, services and progress, rental history and recertification of income. Enter case management information in HMIS for case management data within 72 hours.
- Maintain hard case files that include Property Management documents, notices, personal development forms, service plans, SPDATs, and case notes.
- Complete initial case plan and SPDAT within 3 days of move-in; complete intake forms with clients and evaluate the level of need for workforce case management services within 3 days of move-in; complete and update resident case management plans and files monthly
- Deliver and/or facilitate life-skills development curriculum for individuals and groups.
- Connect clients to community resources that offer life skill and employment assistance.
- Expected to know in-house referral system for NAC outpatient services and refer for behavioral health counseling as appropriate. Will also know referral system for outside providers.
- Provide referrals for emergency stabilization as needed; provide referrals for and/or deliver Financial Education; referrals for food boxes; manage bus pass program; assess eligibility and assist in applying for mainstream benefits; work individually with clients to remove barriers to employability and/or income stability; and enroll and terminate participants per agency program requirements
- Attend weekly staffing to update all residents progress
- Maintain daily shift report and document all resident interactions.
- Conduct monthly community meetings and work to improve the payment history, health and safety issues, and resident conduct through the community through one on one education of the residents as needed.
- Maintain Outlook calendar
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Two years+ experience in service delivery OR any combination of related education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform duties
- Must be comfortable working independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Able to mediate and resolve conflict.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in working with the Native American population preferred. Knowledge of the economic, educational and social problems of Native Americans and referral services
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- MS Office skills
- Able to perform general janitorial duties to include bending, lifting, heavy and light cleaning, negotiate stairs and carry up to 50 lbs.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is considered to be Non- Exempt for overtime pay provisions as provided by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and any applicable state laws. Non-Exempt employees are entitled to overtime pay for hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours per workweek.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE: Preference is given to qualified Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will be necessary.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Native American Connections is a drug-free workplace with safety-sensitive jobs. Use of alcohol and legal or illegal drugs may impair and alter employees' judgement resulting in increased safety risks, workplace injuries, and faulty decision making. Reporting to work at NAC after use of alcohol, a controlled substance, or abuse of any other substance is absolutely prohibited.
Native American ConnectionsPhoenix, AZ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.