- Expired: September 21, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of this position is to accomplish a variety of finance department activities of moderate to complex difficulty and multi-tasking.
- General Ledger accounting and assisting in reconciliation and entries and all finance related reports and grant monitoring and reporting and assisting in timely month-end closing process. Multi-tasking.
- Prepare monthly financials and grant reporting for different departments & programs by each cost center and preparation of quarterly and year-end accounting statements and grant compliance reports. Advance knowledge of fund & cost accounting.
- Internal controls policies & procurement procedures on all type of government funding & grants , solve accounting issues and interface with external and government auditors, assist and support annual audit ensuring timely financial deliverables and provide details and back up as needed and maintain an orderly grant accounting filing systems.
- Reviews and submits for payments and withdraw reimbursements, government payment on accounts, such as HUD and other HHS government funding
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and monthly grant budget variance.
- Ensures government and private grants are in compliance with:
- GAAP - Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- OMB Circulars - Audit Guidelines & Single Audit regulations.
- Verify of coding allocations by Class on accounts payables & accounts receivable.
- Ensure efficient claim processing utilizing software and hardware necessary to complete accurate data entry,
- Assist in development and cost coding to COA and understating of affordable housing and government grants projects.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Business and Finance required - 2 years of nonprofit accounting is preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors and vendors.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team approach.
- Advance knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel and MS Office products.
- Federal Funding and grants compliance and reporting.
- Requires organization and analytical abilities and independent trouble shooting in fast past environment and capable of multi tasking and inter-company transactions.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is considered to be Exempt for overtime pay provisions as provided by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and any applicable state laws.
Native American Connections
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Native American Connections