If you're passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide's Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
*****PLEASE READ CAREFULLY*****
The informationoutside ofthe asterisks contains the corporate job description for Nationwide; the informationbetweenthe asterisks provides additional clarification about thisparticular jobopening.
This Claims Processor opportunity will support On Your Side Auto Repair Network (OYSARN) team.
So, you think you've got what it takes to make the cut?ClaimsProcessors are:
Task driven and detailoriented with strong data-entry skills
Resilient;up for the challengesof change
Out-of-the-box solution finders; resourceful
Dedicated to creating effortless customer experiences
Excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Enthusiasticabout helping others, including team members
Interested ina career, not just a job!
Compensation Grade: C2
Job Description SummaryJOB SUMMARY: Reviews and determines disposition of first and third party claims. Promotes and provides "On Your Side" customer service. Responsible for assigning claims to appropriate On Your Side Auto Repair Network (OYSARN) adjusters. Duties include taking inbound phone calls from members, customers, agents and repair facilities. Assist with pending claims management, sending regulatory letters and issuing payments.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Reports to OYSARN Claims Manager or Supervisor
1. Reviews and determines payment of minor, undisputed, and/or limited authorization OYSARN claims. Assigns all other OYSARN claims to appropriate adjuster.
2. Verifies coverage and damage reports received from vendors and customers for accuracy and consistency with the claim as reported.
3. Audits bills for detection of possible fraud; refers findings to SIU as directed.
4. Remains current on requirements and legislation for assigned state(s).
5. Prepares and submits administrative reports as required.
6. Provides support for OYSARN unit claims associates and managers. Point of contact for internal/external customers.
7. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school studies; some post high school course work preferred.
Licenses/Designations: State licensing where required
Experience: One year insurance, customer service and/or claims processing experience.
Knowledge: General knowledge of customer service principles and/or insurance processing activities and operational functions. Familiarity with claims policies and procedures preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Proven ability to meet customer needs and provide exemplary service by informing customers of the claims process and ensuring a positive customer experience. Verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with policy holders, agents, and vendors. Ability to prioritize work and make sound decisions such as the application of coverages to submitted claims. Ability to work in a fast paced and team based environment. Ability to perform basic mathematics to apply deductibles. Ability to use technical cost manuals. Ability to operate PC and related claims business software.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by Business Unit Executive and Human Resources.
JOB CONDITIONS: &nbs