The Business Development Manager will further develop existing client relationships, nurture prospective client in our current portfolio, and will also source new prospects to add to our client base. Each new, prospective client will meet our internal definition of a vested audio, video, lighting and LED stager. The role also involves working closely with Nationwide Video clients in all aspects of subrentals. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Business Development.
This individual works cross-functionally with multiple departments (Technology/Customer Service/Business Development, and the President) as needed during the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) Analysis phase. The Business Development Manager will also provide commercialization analysis and ongoing coaching to the President and Customer Service team as requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain regular contact with clients in order to keep them abreast of additions to our offerings, special offers or programs, and to remain aware of upcoming opportunities and ensure that they are directed to the Customer Service team in order to fulfill them.
- Maintains and shares information learned in the field using our CRM
- Act as an advocate for clients to aid them in their interactions with the Customer Service team.
- Achieve market growth in subrental market share and revenue.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
- Collect, review and analyze key CAPEX information
- Assist the President and senior management staff in formulating and administering CAPEX and purchasing policies and developing short, medium, and long-range goals and objectives pursuant to the effective use of Capital funds as requested.
- Assist the President and Customer Service staff by providing commercialization intelligence, strategy recommendations, and perform coaching as requested by the President.
Interpersonal & Professional Competencies:
- Professional, mature and unassuming demeanor with the intellectual capacity that ensures credibility to the Business Development function when dealing with the parent organization, senior management and the cross-functionally.
- High energy level, inspiring ambition, and self-directed persona, capable of functioning autonomously, demonstrating a propensity to take initiative to proactively drive business P&L and the Company forward, appreciating the short and long term business and financial implications of decisions and recommendations to the organization.
- Adaptive, progressive leadership style, able to effectively lead in a dynamically changing and growing organization, being decisive, motivational and expectant of results; yet participative, positive and responsive to individual needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organized, and an excellent communicator to effectively work with and through others at all levels, demonstrating an openness to invest in people and serve as a mentor to assist others in their achievements.
- Highly sensitive and interested in the nuances of cultivating an effective team in a culturally diverse organization, with a sense of diplomacy and commitment to creating synergy among locations and departments.
- Superior listening, communications (verbal and written), and presentation skills, able to effectively communicate in a positively assertive manner, respectfully challenging ideas when appropriate. Outstanding persuasive skills with a collaborative, enthusiastic and amicable persona.
- Extremely intelligent, organized and results-oriented with a sound business approach, demonstrating discipline and a passion towards excellence and an ability to prioritize and deliver on key business initiatives that are both strategic and tactical in focus.
- Highly visible and approachable style creating an environment of being extremely fair, consistent and honest, with a willingness and ability to be hands-on to facilitate achieving objectives in a fast paced environment.
- High level of integrity as a representative of the Company, with a strong work ethic, willing to make a long-term commitment to the organization to see the results of their programs and policies implemented.
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Results Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Formal Presentation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely used standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Other locations may include warehouse environments and are regularly exposed to heavy machinery and noise.
Walk, sit, stand, bend, lift, and move continually during work hours. Is subject to lifting over 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours is work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- This position must be able to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Personal vehicle for transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development and/or field sales.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the A/V or rental staging industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or related field
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in business development and/or field sales.
- 5+ years of experience in the A/V or rental staging industries.
- Master’s Degree in a technical or related field
- Technical Certification in a related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.