Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: March 30, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for an electronics manufacturing company specialized in the defense and industrial industry.
The ideal candidate has approximately 7-10+ years related engineering experience. Working knowledge of Military specifications (e.g. MIL-STD-810) and IP (Ingress Protection) ratings as they apply to board and box-level products required. Industry experience in military and/or aerospace is a plus.
What you will do:
- Provide a technical leadership role within the Engineering department to solve mechanical and thermal challenges at the box and/ or board level.
- Design box-level and board-level mechanical design, with consideration given to shock and vibration requirements. Heat transfer modeling and design, especially heat conduction and thermal radiation in box-level systems. Experience with industry accepted engineering software packages is required.
- Join the decision and tradeoff process for issues that cross other discipline boundaries for improvements.
- Work with the design team to develop creative approaches that favorably optimize design tradeoffs for various elements of a design such as product cost, performance, feature set, time to market, and technical risk.
- Create Engineering drawings in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Create, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of mechanical and thermal product design from research and development to design and manufacture.
- Conceive methods for achieving product requirements and specifications using appropriate design, process, manufacturing and mechanical techniques.
- Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers to facilitate their ability to progress to higher levels of technical and professional achievement.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Proficient in SolidWorks & CAD
- Strong understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Excellent mathematics skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
- People-Focused Policies
- Career Development
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Referral Program
Nationwide Technical Resources Corp
Get fresh Mechanical Engineer Production jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.