A Mortgage Shipper prepares the closed loan package as well as the underwriting credit package and deliver to the investor according to their guidelines, requirements, and overlays.
- Review loan documents and organize in investor stacked order for shipping
- Print and complete forms (checklists) required by investors, in their entirety
- Complete QC checklist prior to shipping loans
- Request any missing documentation from internal departments, settlement/title agents, etc.
- Request forms/documents to be signed by Underwriters, LOs, and management, when applicable
- Electronically deliver closed loans to investors on/before target delivery date
- Assist Collateral Shipper when needed/end of month
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Correspondent Investors, Encompass, FHA Connection, USDA Portal, VA WebLGY, MERs online
- Must be organized and diligent when reviewing documents/following up with requests
- Adaptable to change due to ever changing industry standards
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Must take initiative and be solution oriented
- Minimum of High School Diploma, College degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the Mortgage Industry, 2 years recent in Mortgage Operations
- Familiar with Conventional, FHA, USDA, and VA guidelines