Sr. Director, Field Development (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nationwide Marketing Group works on behalf of thousands of Independent appliance, furniture, bedding, electronics, specialty electronics, custom installation and rent-to-own dealers, helping them grow their businesses and thrive on their own terms. With more than 5,000 Members operating some 14,000 storefronts, Nationwide Marketing Group is the largest buying, marketing and business support organization of its kind, representing billions in combined annual sales across the membership. For 50 years, the organization has remained committed to the Independent channel, empowering Members with the scale, sophistication and efficiencies they need to compete while delivering the unmatched business intelligence, tools and resources required to win in an ever-changing business environment. To learn more, visit our website at nationwidegroup.org or Nationwide Marketing Group LinkedIn
Job Location: Open to US Remote Candidates
The Sr. Director, Field Development identifies, defines and creates strategies to increase field sales productivity. The role will focus on quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify actionable insights, measure progress, and impact to suggest necessary ongoing enhancements. In addition, will lead the development of tools, methodology, training/development, and programs.
The Sr. Director, Field Development will work directly with Senior Sales leadership to help build and maintain all resources that equip the sales organization to engage prospects and members, while subsequently partnering with Analytics, Merch, Biz/Fin Services and Marketing on specific initiatives.
Learning: Provide buyers (members) and field team with aligned content and digital tools and technology that make it easier for the field team to increase buyer (member) confidence and for buyers to come to a purchase decision.
- Lead and develop content for learning and leadership development and oversee an operational budget to transform to virtual/hybrid learning, delivering learning in a transforming culture that prioritizes operational excellence and scale.
- Own the development and delivery of learning experiences for all field sales at all levels, understand field sales needs to develop, execute, and evaluate content throughout the employment life cycle including Onboarding, Skill Development and Ongoing training.
- Deploy content, training, tools, and processes geared toward boosting member decision confidence
- Create flexible enablement technology ecosystems including tools and guidance for rep-mediated digital experiences.
- Provide Learning curriculum to Field Sales members including Training, Coaching and Experiences to Grow Profit, Revenue and Mindshare.
- Embraces changing priorities and strategies and adjusts curriculum to adapt to changing needs
Development: Optimize sales enablement strategy and design to equip buyers, revenue-generating teams and managers with the collateral, tools and technologies needed to buy and sell more effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the CRM (customer relationship management), ensuring it provides tools and analytics to simplify sales process.
- Partner with merch/services to drive success of new product launches through training, tools, and goal alignment.
- Create accountability measures and metrics and ensure Coaching and Experiences align with training curriculum.
- Build a robust framework to manage the operations of systems, processes, analytics, integrations, and content as well as vendor and budget management to deliver learning experiences in a variety of modalities.
Talent Development Programs: Equip member-facing functions with the knowledge, frameworks, and tools necessary to develop the skills of frontline talent and to improve training, coaching and onboarding effectiveness.
- Lead Recruitment and Development of Inside Sales team, including developing College recruitment program, creating career ladder, and developing emerging talent into field ready Sales representatives.
- Refine and scale development and mentoring strategies to ensure efficient use of coaches and platforms.
- Strategizes and executes curriculum aligned to annual NMG Strategic Plan, adjusting as necessary as strategies change
- Studies industry and learning organizations to actively seeks out, recommends, and implements new learning methodologies, technology enhancements, and event enhancements
- Creates strategy, plans and executing large events focused on dealers, sales, and members.
- Coach managers to be effective leaders and builds the next generation of leaders for the organization.
- Develop and implement a 9-box process and annual field sales talent review process
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in sales training, sales enablement, talent management, leading teams
- Ability to identify sales talent
- Strong skill set in coaching and teaching the necessary sales skills / customer service skills to a sales organization
- Excellent customer service, communication and follow through skills.
- Strong client management skills with the ability to drive outcomes and manage client expectations.
- Adapts well to shifting priorities, demands and timelines. Reacts to adjustments promptly and efficiently.
- Exhibit organizational and communication skills to effectively manage competing priorities and project objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to make sound decisions.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to make solid business decisions.
- Creative: The ability to use imagination and new ideas to continually communicate Nationwide’s mission and vision to the Membership, prospects, our vendor partners, and the Industry
- Collaborative: The ability to work with others to the benefit of the business and its goals
- Influencing: The ability to promote ideas and initiatives both internally and externally
- Inspiring: The ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Analytical: The ability to analyze large amounts of data and find the story within
- Communicative: The ability to clearly express thoughts in written and verbal form
- Flexible: The ability to multi-task and adapt well to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Detail-oriented: The ability to spot details in complex projects
- Tech savvy: The ability to adapt to new products and technologies
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of the workstation and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending, and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.
Why you want to work with NMG:
Nationwide Marketing Group is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. We believe that the future of our organization depends on building a diverse, representative, and inclusive team. We strongly encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. Should you need any reasonable accommodations through the interview process, please let us know.
- Competitive base pay and performance bonus, dependent on role.
- Medical, Dental, Vision with $0 cost Employee Only coverage options
- Employer Paid Basic Life/AD&D
- Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- MetLife supplemental insurance benefit options
- Matching 401K with 100% vesting
- Open PTO Policy, Paid Holidays, Paid Maternity/Paternity to help you balance work and personal life
- Business casual work environment
- Discounts Program on Electronics, Cells Phones, Health & Wellness, Travel, Entertainment, Home & Auto, Pet Insurance and more!
Nationwide Marketing Group LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Nationwide Marketing Group LLC
Get fresh Nationwide Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.