The Mission of the Telephony Administrator is to support the NIWC LANT Integrated Service Center/Navy Enterprise Service Desk in New Orleans, LA., in the rapid expansion and maintenance of their Avaya 8710 PBX environment. The ITSM telephony team assists the government customer with validation and documentation of their existing environment while supporting the scheduled growth of new users during their consolidation activities. Close integration with the BMC Remedy team to assist the services desk, SaaS, and internal customers in the configuration, maintenance, & problem resolution of all voice related activities associated with the PBX. Additionally, the selected candidate will engage in coordination of the Norfolk COOP site telephony administrators to ensure proper configuration and operation in support of the after-hours service desk activities. Duties may include some after hours activities for the purpose of problem resolution, upgrades, software enhancement and/or COOP activities during emergency or catastrophic events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to interact with existing and new customers.
• Rapidly resolve customer incidents, requests, or answer questions using but not limited to phone and e-mail.
• Create Knowledge articles in BMC Remedy.
• Document all communication in Remedy tickets, providing required details to resolve issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the Department of Defense (DoD) mission.
• Technical telephony support and operations of the Avaya 8710 Telephony software and hardware.
• Provide technical and administrative support for new telephony equipment and services.
• Act as liaison between the customer and the telephony vendors.
• Perform software translations including but not limited to programming and configuration of Avaya PBX stations, Call-Master V1, 6408D+ digital phones, bridge-appearances, and programmable button assignments, cover-paths, class-of-service, class of restrictions, call-routing, hunt groups, and BRI data lines which support VTC Video units/bridges.
• Add, modify, delete, and reset passwords for voicemail subscribers in the Avaya Modular Messaging System.
• Create, duplicate, and edit vectors (enhanced vector package) in the Avaya 8710 telephony switch.
• Add vector directory numbers (VDN) and create hunt groups.
• Creation and maintenance of the COOP system vectors and associated Visio drawings and documentation.
• Install and maintain (EAS) agent-IDs based on user experience level for the department/skill in the Avaya 8710 telephony system.
• Create, maintain and monitor VDNs, agent groups and skill reports in the Call Management System (CMS).
• Create, modify, and maintain agent-ids, skills, and vector directory numbers VDNs in the CMS dictionary.
• Create agent groups in CMS for the Call Center Supervisors to monitor the real-time statics for skill and agent performance.
• Generate agent groups and department skills real-time, interval, daily, and historical reports to monitor the efficiency of the call center customer service.
• Generate and distribute weekly and monthly Telephony reports to designated supervisors and management for review of individual performance and metrics to ensure that contractual requirements are being met.
• Coordinate with remote site (Norfolk) as required to ensure proper operation of the after hours COOP site.
• A minimum of 6 years of direct experience of providing Avaya Telephony/CMS/VDN solutions.
• Trained on 8710 Avaya telephony switch, Communications Modular Messaging Version 5.2, Call Management System (CMS) Release 16 in the following areas: - PBX software translations, voicemail subscribers, creation of basic and enhanced virtual vectoring, and utilizing variables. Creating vector directory number (VDN’s), installation and configuration of Call-Masters VI, create and maintain skills, create and maintain Agent-IDs, maintain Avaya IP Client software and provide training to new hires. Generate CMS real-time daily and historical reports for agents and skills. Initiate and resolve telephony service requests through the Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) application.
• Must be available during COOP activities as required.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics