Nationwide IT Services (NIS) provides Enterprise IT support to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and Department of Interior (DOI). NIS is looking for a SharePoint Administrator/Developer a site administrator/developer for SharePoint online and Office 365 applications. (Primary role) USGS and DOI are trying to maximize their movement of sites and content to SharePoint Online and O365 sites from their SharePoint 2019 on-prem environment. Additionally, this administrator should be able to assist as a SharePoint System Administrator for the USGS ("on-prem") SharePoint 2019 farm as a system administrator for the application and associated sites. (Secondary role)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide development & technical guidance and support to users and teams, to build solutions, resolve incidents, and issues according to business and IT priorities. Build and configure Intranet, SharePoint online, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Business intelligence stack (Power BI and SQL Server), Cloud Computing (Azure and Office 365).
• Intranet implementation using SharePoint online and supporting SharePoint 2019
• Designs user interface layers to deliver the required data via a range of structures such as reports, dashboards, portals and mobile etc.
• Defines best practices on supporting Self Service BI. Provides technical leadership on the deployment architecture, development guidelines, data delivery layer (portal, dashboard, mobile site, report) design
• Performance tunes the reporting infrastructure
• Experience on Managed Metadata, Application services, Taxonomy and Client Object Models
• Experience with Microsoft Teams, PowerApp, MS Flow, and Power BI
• SharePoint Online administration activities including User Profile, Support Incidents raised by MS monitoring, third party tool, services, websites, applications
• Strong analytical skills are required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
3-5 years of relevant experience in design, installation, configuration, administration, support, upgrading, and migrating solutions for SharePoint (2013-2019), SharePoint online and Office 365
2-3 years of experience O365 development, Power BI, writing scripts using PowerShell,
Experience/Exposure to MS cloud databases (AZURE SQL, AZURE Data Lake, Data Warehouse Solutions), Azure Development, and IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS solutions in the Microsoft Cloud Platform like O365 and SharePoint Online.
• Knowledge of Azure Cloud services (i.e. SQL, Blob, Azure functions)
• Knowledge of integration architecture & Webservices / data transport Core Data (XML, JSON, RESTful Web Services)
• Sound theoretical skills (e.g. complexity measures) algorithm, data structures and software design patterns
• Knowledge of enterprise grade authentication protocols (for example SAML, Kerberos, SSO, Certificate auth)
• Innovative thinker, able to envision how Power Platform technology can be implemented to solve complex hardware and software challenges
• Experience in integration with Azure cloud platform
• Experience with Scrum & Agile development methodology
• Microsoft MCSA or MCSE
• MCP SharePoint certification
• Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance
• 2+ years of professional experience in software development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related subject.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics