The Defense Health Agency (DHA) Director’s Innovation Group (DIG) facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to redesign health care delivery, improve patient outcomes, patient and clinician experience, and reduce the cost of care. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The DIG provides an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at DHA and across the healthcare industry.
This position collaborates with other DHA staff, clinical communities, and Military Treatment Facility (MTF) hospital partners to apply methods of design thinking, systems thinking, human-centered design to understand a variety of complex problem spaces to define opportunities for innovation and develop novel solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide managerial expertise and technical guidance in developing, implementing, and maintaining, information systems and medical activities.
• Assists in project strategy and stakeholder relationships and engages with executive DHA leadership to take new models of healthcare delivery from development to scaled impact.
• Helps to develop strategy, policy, and plans for the development, implementation, operation, and evaluation of clinical/patient-oriented information systems and the administration of support for medical information systems.
• Provides consultative services and detailed technical analysis on planning, developing, implementing, operating, maintaining, securing, and disposing of information systems and networks at medical activities.
• Helps to lead the continuous improvement of our innovation methods and how we work. Is seen as a unique contributor by center staff and project partners.
• Performs duties in accordance with DHA and entity values, policies, and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree and Secret Clearance required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a military medical facility.
• US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or military spouse preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact at the GO/SES echelon of personnel.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and document actions.
• Must have interpersonal agility to work within a small, cohesive team.
• Must be able to apply critical thinking and analysis.
• Must be able to execute structured, insightful research and analysis, identify unseen or unnoticed attributes, and communicate key takeaways.
• Must have effective communication skills in various methods and with all-remote teams.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics
Nationwide IT Services