LIMS Software Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is seeking an experienced Software Developer to provide development support on a new task order on its flagship contract. The Software Developer will work with key stakeholders and customers to analyze, develop and implement software changes/enhancements to a laboratory information management system used by the agency's Water Mission Area. The ideal candidate will be experienced with STARLIMS Scripting Language (SSL) - but knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming will lend itself to effectively supporting development.
The Software Developer shall be an active part of an Agile software development team that practices Scrum. The Software Developer shall provide recommendations, evaluation, analysis, design often verbally during Agile practice activities including:
• Release Planning and Backlog Grooming – Provide design and recommendations as to what software development activities should be included in a Release and what software development activities should be removed from the Backlog
• Sprint Planning – Provide design and recommendations as to what software development activities should be included in a Sprint
• Daily Standups – Verbally report status of their software development code progress.
• Retrospectives – Provide analysis of recent software development in order to improve quality, timeliness of future software development activity.
• Demonstrations – Demonstrate the new functionality (working code) from recent software development
The Software Developer will report to the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze user stories and design software solutions to meet user story requirements.
- Analyze and refine requirements based on input from Domain experts
- Estimate complexity of the work using Story Points
- Design and document technical solutions
- Recommend work schedules which will align with Scrum Master and Product Owner requirements
- Implement, demonstrate and deliver solution using the designated programming language as appropriate.
- Fully document all task work in Jira
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Expertise with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer Application Programming Interfaces (REST APIs)
- Experience with Oracle databases and creation of stored procedures and other database objects
- Strong expertise with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and knowledge of Jira for issue tracking
- Experience with GitLab or other similar source control tools
- Experience with dependency management tools such as Nexus and Artifactory as object stored for build artifacts
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as JenkinsCI and GitLabCI to automatically build application code, run automated tests, and create development artifacts and generate quality assurance reports such as test coverage or code quality metrics.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and multi-tasking skills
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience with STARLIMS Scripting Language (SSL) is highly desirable but not required
- Experience with Crystal Reports (or other similar reporting tools) is preferred but not required
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.
Nationwide IT Services