Free Meals, Free Parking, and a $250 Sign On Bonus! Get out of the city and join us at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center located in Lewis Center. Currently seeking enthusiastic AM and PM Cooks to join our Culinary team on a part time or full time basis with flexible hours. Shifts would run from approximately 4 am-12 pm, 6 am-2 pm, or 3 pm- 12 am. The Line Cooks are responsible for executing Food & Beverage plan/food for the day according to par sheets or instructions as well as cooking products assigned to his/her station.
Our attractive compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with match, STD/LTD, vacation, and PTO, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers..
New hires in this position will receive $250 sign on bonus:
- Applicant must not have been employed by CHM previously in the past 12 months or worked at a Columbus Hospitality Management property through a temp agency or related program in the past 12 months.
- $125 paid after 30 days of successful employment.
- $125 paid after 90 days of successful employment.
- All bonuses contingent upon perfect attendance and adherence to company policy.
As a Cook, you are responsible for preparing all proteins, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual with several years’ experience in the food service industry. You should be committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing.
A Cook will have mastered vegetable, potato, and salad preparation skills and be willing to set a strong example in the kitchen by stepping up as needed to help the department run smoothly in all areas.
Can you see yourself…
- Ensuring all proteins are utilized within their shelf life?
- Grilling, braising, smoking, searing, poaching, and roasting proteins?
- Adding proteins with sauces to final dishes in accordance with the chef team’s expectations??
- Garnishing and presenting dishes with culinary artistry according to the chef team’s standards?
- Interacting with guests while maintaining an organized and sanitary work station?
- Being responsible for assisting the Chef Team in maintaining the overall cleanliness of the culinary Kitchens?
- Sharing your expertise with other team members to improve their skill set?
- Assisting the chef team in monitoring and enforcing company and departmental safety policies and Health Department Standards?
- Maintaining proper par levels in your assigned work area according to daily production sheets, menus and banquets events?
- Visually inspecting, selecting and using only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items?
- Properly labeling and dating all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation?
- Effectively communicating with the culinary team and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests?
- Planning, preparing and executing quality service and food for all guests?
- Minimizing waste and over production, as well as utilizing leftovers, ensuring proper rotation and quality control?
- Performing cleaning tasks to adhere to health standards?
- Attending daily and weekly culinary meetings to keep up to date on current events and hotel activities?
- Performing all other job-related duties as requested?
What you need to be successful in this position
- Ability to be creative while working under pressure
- Strong knowledge about mixtures and spices
- Knowledge of the basic fundamentals of cooking
- Working knowledge of knives and knife skills
- Desire to learn more skilled cooking techniques
- Eagerness to learn and grow your culinary skill set
- Working knowledge or interest to learn kitchen equipment like cryo-vac, sous vide, combi oven, and smoker
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays. Shift hours vary and can include working hours such as full-time, overtime, weekdays, nights and weekend days and nights
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 45 lbs.
- Effectively communicate in both written and oral forms
- At least 2 years of culinary experience in a full-service, structured dining establishment
- Maintain a good energy level for 8 hours
- Be very organized, efficient, creative and innovative
- Be goal driven and have a passion for the industry
- Professional, respectful and personable attitude
What we can offer
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- Great quality of life.
- Growth Opportunities.
- Ability to learn each and every day.
- Future Leadership training.