- Expired: November 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join us! We are looking for a Corporate Planner to join our team!
Tucked in a 15-acre park-like setting just North of Columbus, Ohio, our property offers a complete collection of services and amenities for an all-inclusive experience. Our hotel has 193 stylishly appointed guest rooms and suites delight leisure travelers, while our 45,000 square feet of customizable meeting spaces are sophisticated yet comfortable and offer state-of-the-art technology to create a dynamic setting for meetings and special events.
We are looking for the right person to join our growing management team of 30+ individuals. This person will join a 6-employee planning department. In this role you will plan, manage, and execute assigned meetings and event groups. You will play a critical role in maximizing guest satisfaction by working cooperatively with Operations Teams. This is not a sales position, and you will only be assigned an event after a contract is signed. Our property is extremely fast paced because we are awesome. If you are also awesome, then you will want to work here. Apply now and we will prove it.
Our attractive compensation package includes a competitive annual salary, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, 401k with match, STD/LTD, etc.
Other perks and benefits! Come work with us, and you'll receive 15 days of vacation each year, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, use of the hotel gym, 5 free nights in the hotel each year for your friends or family, dry cleaning discounts, discounts on shoes, free parking, free employee meals, etc. Not to mention all of the smiles, laughs, and good times that are always complimentary.
- Fantastic customer service ethic, embracing the Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center mission statement with high emphasis on exceeding Clients' expectations at all times and always providing authentic hospitality to each and every Guest.
- Ensures the accurate and timely flow of information, superior levels of performance and dependable and friendly service to external and internal clients.
- Supervises the planning and coordination of meetings and events, and guest room related activities (related to assigned group), to ensure the obligations by the hotel and client are met with satisfaction. Act as liaison between Sales and the Operations Team by disseminating appropriate information as it relates to the meeting and/or event.
- Manage and monitor room blocks according to contract specifications to include, room block cut-off dates, review room pick-up, and attrition.
- Manage and monitor food and beverage minimums according to contract specifications.
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that meeting/event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience. Organize and conduct pre/post meetings with assigned groups.
- Effectively upsell throughout the pre-meeting/event and event phase, to include: food and beverage, amenities, audiovisual and special request services.
- Responsible for setting up master bill routing in and ensuring each guest in system as a package (price) attached to the booking. After completion of each assigned meeting, review master group folios and proforma at the end of each meeting for accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task multiple meetings/and or events simultaneously and at different planning stages. Identifies operational challenges/and or opportunities related to meeting and/or event and develops seamless solutions.
- Is responsible for participating in the planning program meeting, along with the other members of the Planning Department.
- Participate in site tours with contracted clients as well as potential clients
- Is actively engaged in the daily operations of the conference center.
- Participating in Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center's Manager on Duty Program.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or at least 2 years work experience in catering/event planning in the hospitality industry.
- Experience with Delphi and Maestro operating systems preferred
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merges, Email and Web searches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high level of professionalism to deal effectively with all types of personalities.
- Superb organizational skills - ability to prioritize, multi-task, direct and solve problems effectively without little supervision.
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Time management and ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to work with and win over multiple personalities when planning one event for a successful overall outcome.
- Ability to fully deliver on guests' expectations.
- Ability to work collectively and collaborate with multiple departments to ensure all details are communicated and flawlessly executed.
- Eye for detail to ensure all spaces and set ups are worthy of a distinct, sophisticated events campus.
- Ability to stay current and fresh with industry trends to provide our clients with progressive ideas that have "wow factor" for their event
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
100 Green Meadows Drive SouthLewis Center, OH
BusinessView all jobs at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Get fresh Corporate Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.