Nations Finest Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a work-from-home flexible position, or a fully remote position--depending on the selected candidate. Occasional in-person meetings will be required in Santa Rosa, CA, or in Sacramento, CA.
Position Description and Overview
The Development Director works directly with the President/CEO to sustain and grow Nation's Finest (NF) and its subsidiary 501(C)(3) organization Veterans Housing Development Corporation's(VHDC) fundraising program.
The Development Director for Nation's Finest should be an experienced, entrepreneurial, articulate, and highly motivated professional with at least seven years of experience in the non-profit fund development field. The Development Director will foster relationships with key funding organizations and influential/philanthropic individuals to create enduring partnerships with Nation's Finest. He/she will be held accountable for cycling those relationships inside a moves management system toward new sponsorships, grants, and individual philanthropic gifts to the organization.
• Develop and execute fiscal year 2021 Fundraising Plan, to include donor acquisition, prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to increase revenues in support of Nation's Finest and its mission.
• Create annual giving programs to support all of the organization's revenue streams: Major Gifts (Individual, Corporate Sponsorships, and Foundation Giving); Mid-level: Moving small gifts to larger gifts (i.e. monthly donor program); and Broad-based support: Direct Mail, Online Giving, and fundraising campaigns through Social Media.
• Formulate/maintain VIP cultivation, communications, solicitations, and follow up strategies, to include the organization's Board of Directors and other key legislators and public leaders.
• Work with the President and CEO, and Board of Directors to maximize their personal and professional fundraising contributions.
• Sustain and expand the organization's in-kind revenue opportunities.
• Lead the organization's solicitation and implementation of any fundraising projects in conjunction with NF's 2021 signature fundraising event.
• Augment current online fundraising system capabilities, and develop and maintain a prospect profile, strategy, and tracking/priority system.
• Develop financial ask projections and dates by prospect, implementing external fundraising and wealth prospecting systems
• Support the President/CEO in any development and fundraising activities and donor follow up.
• Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
• Identify grant opportunities and coordinate with other members of the Nation's Finest team to draft grant applications.
• Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program.
• Monitor development expenses and analyze budget reports on fundraising; recommend changes and adapt as necessary.
• Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts, and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
a) Education: Bachelor's Degree desired – preferably in marketing, public affairs, fund development or related discipline
b) Experience: Minimum seven years of non-profit fund development
c) Proven track record of achieving fund development goals; in-depth knowledge of fundraising management systems, major gift cultivation and stewardship, and grant proposal processes
d) Communication skills: excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to create clear and persuasive communications in both traditional and digital formats
e) Software Proficiency: Adept at Microsoft Office products, and experience with CRM/Development databases
f) U.S. military veteran or extensive experience and familiarity with military culture preferred
Location and Compensation
• Position can be remote with primary offices in Sacramento and Santa Rosa, CA
• Full-time salaried position, based on experience and qualifications
• $90,000 - $120,000 per year, depending on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or apply directly through Paylocity, including a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Nation's Finest is an Equal Opportunity Employer