Staff Accountant/Senior Book Keeper
Nation's Dry Out Detroit, MI
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nations Dry Out is a (you guessed it!) nationwide restoration firm. We are a B2B provider of fire, water, mold, and hazmat remediation services. Our clients are fortune 1000 firms that generally have hundreds, thousands, or even ten-thousand plus locations.
We are growing rapidly and need an accounting generalist to manage our books. We have office space in the metro Detroit area, however this role will generally be virtual and can be performed from home. For the most part, you can set your own schedule and work whatever hours you prefer, however there will be meetings set during business hours, and some ad-hoc, on the fly work as well. There will be meetings in the office as necessary, however this will be the exception and not the rule.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- Cash Collection
- AP/AR Management
- Revenue Recognition
- Month end closing process
- Payroll process
- Commission calculations
- Quote development
- Financial statement development
- Issuing invoices
- Other finance and admin duties as assigned
So you should have this:
· 1-2+ years accounting, financial reporting experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance
· Experience with Quickbooks mandatory
· Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Excel
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· A proactive person with sharp decision-making skills
· Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
· Self-starter with strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
You DO NOT need experience in our industry, but you MUST be well versed and capable in accounting and using Quickbooks. Our business is somewhat seasonal; we are generally steady December - June, and then periodically SUPER BUSY from July - November due to Hurricane Season. This is a full time, salaried position with access to benefits and 401k.
Nation's Dry Out
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Nation's Dry Out