- Expired: April 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nation's Best Holdings, LLC is seeking experienced candidates for our Commodity Buyer position. The Commodity Buyer reports to the Director of Purchasing. The preferred location for this position is Jonesboro, Arkansas, but remote work is also an option.
We're focused on people and relationships first and we're passionate about customer service and continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that is focused on growth? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then join our growing team.
What's It Like to Work for Nation's Best?
- Teamwork: All our positions, in all our stores, are hands-on. We work together, whenever necessary, to ensure a positive customer experience every time, every day
- Support: We have local resources and a Dallas Support Team to help you along the way and to partner on projects, as appropriate
- Autonomy: We empower entrepreneurial spirit in all our associates
- Relationships: We believe the core of our business is the relationships we build
- Continuous Improvement: We are focused on continuous improvement, ensuring expertise and solid best practices are shared across all our divisions and stores
- Efficiencies: We maximize efficiency through best-in-class technology and consistent business practices nationwide
- Growth Mindset: We are focused on long-term growth, both in our associates and the company
- Atmosphere: This is not a suit-and-tie environment. We roll up our sleeves and get the job done
- Community Service: Our divisions and associates are committed to serving and contributing to the communities in which we live and work
- Safety: We strive to provide a work environment that is safe and healthy for all our associates and customers. We want everyone to go home in the same condition in which they came to work that day.
What Does a Commodity Buyer Do?
- Coordinates and executes activities involved with commodity building products for Nation's Best
- Manages supplier relationships and the introduction of new suppliers/products, performance, economics and issues
- Utilizes inventory and stock status reports to develop efficient and effective purchasing strategies
- Creates and places purchase orders and selects proper sources of supply to ensure the most cost-effective deliveries
- Locates new sources of supply as necessary and keeps abreast of market conditions
- Coordinates and implements consistent and efficient purchasing processes and procedures
- Assists in creating and managing Corporate Purchasing programs
- Expedites orders and works with local management to ensure stable inventories and adjustments for varying market availability and demands
- Ability to research new trends or advances in product line and recommend appropriate changes to the product offering
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Contacts vendors about the status of an order and develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate
- Reviews bids with Director of Purchasing and makes awards
- Works closely with Receiving Department to ensure the proper product arrived
- Researches delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
- Follows safety regulations and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Achieves and maintains agreed-upon inventory turns as prescribed by management and company policy
- Monitor and track discount and rebate programs
What Does It Take to Be Successful as a Commodity Buyer?
- High School diploma required, bachelor's degree preferred
- LBM experience preferred
- 5 years of commodity purchasing experience
- Prior ERP experience, Epicor Eagle experience a plus
- Excel assessment required
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and technical skills
- Ability to analyze market trends
- Ability to lift up to 25-50lbs on a random basis
- Ability to travel up to 25% on an as-needed basis
- Results-oriented with the ability to serve stores with humility and be a steward of Nation's Best's values
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while remaining adaptable and flexible
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills with the willingness to consistently provide superior customer service
Nation's Best Holdings, LLC, and affiliated companies are equal opportunity employers and administer all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Nations Best