Assistant Store Manager- Connolly's Dupont
- Posted: over a month ago
Nation’s Best Holdings, LLC is seeking experienced candidates for an Assistant Manager position at our Connolly's Do It Best Hardware & Rental Fort Wayne, Indiana Dupont Village location. The Assistant Manager reports to the Store Manager.
We’re focused on people and relationships first and we’re passionate about customer service and continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that is focused on growth? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then join our growing team.
What’s It Like To Work for Nation’s Best?
- Teamwork: All of our positions, in all of our stores, are hands-on. We work together, whenever necessary, to ensure a positive customer experience every time, every day.
- Support: We have local resources and a Dallas Support Team to help you along the way and to partner on projects, as appropriate.
- Autonomy: We empower entrepreneurial spirit in all our associates.
- Relationships: We believe the core of our business is the relationships we build.
- Continuous Improvement: We are focused on continuous improvement, ensuring expertise and solid best practices are shared across all of our divisions and stores.
- Efficiencies: We maximize efficiency through best-in-class technology and consistent business practices nationwide.
- Growth Mindset: We are focused on long-term growth, both in our associates and the company.
- Atmosphere: This is not a suit and tie environment. We roll up our sleeves and get the job done.
- Community Service: Our divisions and associates are committed to serving and contributing to the communities in which we live and work.
- Safety: We strive to provide a work environment that is safe and healthy for all of our associates and customers. We want everyone to go home in the same condition in which they came to work that day.
What Does an Assistant Manager Do?
- Assist store manager with operation of store including opening, closing, shift changes, task delegation, and scheduling of staff members.
- Greet customers, offer assistance with products/services, resolve customer complaints.
- Supervise register count, change orders, and bank deposits. Assist store manager with bookkeeping responsibilities, as requested.
- Assist store manager with inventory management and merchandising.
- Assist store manager with execution of sales plans.
- Assist store manager with exterior and interior store maintenance.
- Assist store manager with vehicle maintenance and inspections, if applicable.
- Assist store manager with training of new hires or ongoing training of existing staff.
- Monitor staff daily performance and provide redirection, as needed.
- Communicate regularly with staff members.
- Assist store manager with implementation of best practices, system conversions, store resets or renovations, and vendor program support, as needed.
- Assist store manager with execution of operational feedback and performance improvement plans from Division Manager.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotes, complaints and scheduling of deliveries, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Prepares bids and material estimates from customer or contractor blueprints.
- Initiates telephone calls to customers to generate sales.
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products. Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and availability.
- Input customers’ orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Create sales tickets.
- Researches credits, returns
- Participate in manager meetings, financial reviews and training events, as requested.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years retail experience, at least 1 year in a direct sales role, prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Knowledge of store inventory control and merchandising preferred.
- Results-oriented with ability to serve stores with humility and be a steward of Nation’s Best’s values.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills with willingness to consistently provide superior customer service skills.
- Ability to react appropriately under pressure.
Nation’s Best Holdings, LLC, and affiliated companies are equal opportunity employers and administer all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
AddressFort Wayne, IN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?