Digital Media Specialist
National Wild Turkey Federation Edgefield, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for creating content for all NWTF digital platforms, as well as working with other individuals and departments within the NWTF to develop content for the web that highlights our mission.
In addition, this position will be the point of contact for the following NWTF programs - Wild Turkey Records Program and Custom Call Making Competition.
- Use web and social media to increase the impact of:
- Press releases
- Promotional materials (brochures, fliers, etc.)
- Create and schedule NWTF and partner posts across a variety of social channels
- Monitor and engage with audiences on social platforms
- Work in connection with the social media agenda of the NWTF
- Create, correct and format pictures and video for the web use
- Monitor and report data metrics associated with SEO, Google Ads, and social platforms.
- Manage and optimize Google Ad Grant account, including creating campaigns, ad groups, ads & extensions etc
- Update content regularly and suggest areas of improvement on website.
- Must be able to take projects from concept to completion with minimal guidance
- Edit content for consistency and accuracy by recognizing discrepancies in language, layout, formatting or NWTF branding
- Understand the NWTF's mission and promote the NWTF to media, members and the public, as well as other employees
- Assist with planning of web editorial calendar
- Follow emerging & developing trends in social media content as well as changes and developments in current and new social media platforms
- Responsible for marketing, coordinating and event planning of the Custom Call Making Competitions at National Convention to include move-in/out dock instructions.
- Ensure rules/regulations updates are made on websites and in publications for each competition.
- Monitor registrations and approve uploaded call photos on the Call Making website.
- Create Job submissions for signage, confirm sponsors.
- Responsible for coordination and administration of the Wild Turkey Records Program.
- May be required to help in other departments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree communications related field; or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills a must
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media channels
- Basic knowledge of Adobe CS (HTML and photo editing) for use in developing web content
- Basic video editing skills for social media content
- Knowledge of AP style or able to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Google analytics and Ads
- Attention to detail and fact checking
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, creative, deadline-driven team player who can adapt and learn quickly, particularly in regard to new software and technology
- Must be able to travel to NWTF events for up to seven days at a time
- Must be able to legally handle firearms
- Knowledge about hunting, conservation and outdoor issues
- As the position may attend media hunts, it is preferred applicants hold a current hunter safety certification, or pursue the certification upon hiring
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
National Wild Turkey Federation
BusinessView all jobs at National Wild Turkey Federation