The Regional Sales Manager–Industrial and Specialty Wire Products will be responsible for leading the profitable growth of National Standard’s industrial and specialty wire product lines in his/her defined territory. The ideal candidate would have prior outside sales experience traveling throughout an assigned territory. This position is responsible for the prospecting of potential customers and servicing/supporting our existing customer base within the defined territory. Works under the guidance and direction of the Vice President/General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and Analysis
- Research and analyze market conditions.
- Identify key competitor and consumer trends.
- Articulate market requirements and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
- Able to gain strong working knowledge of our industry related business practices including collecting and organizing industry information on competitor’s products and services, industry trends and specifications for new product development.
Product Planning and Management
- Increase revenue in the territory by expanding customer base and by increasing sales of National Standard’s industrial and specialty products to existing customers.
- Define the long term strategy for product group and create road map.
- Develop pricing strategies and product policies.
- Oversee product development.
- Manage and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Develop product marketing plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand.
- Participate in industry related trade associations.
- Support sales team with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise.
- Conduct product presentations.
- Develop sales tools and sales training material.
- Supply leadership with latest research and marketing information.
- Implement marketing plan in conjunction with all departments.
Customer and End-User Support
- Incorporates self-management and planning in a highly organized manner to ensure customer profile data is accurately kept, meetings are held on a regular basis, and visit reports with action requirements are filed in a timely manner. Determine customer strategic goals and objectives, develop and maintain accurate forecast information.
- Manage product-related support, feedback and inquiries from users.
- Coordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback.
- Determine and manage appropriate company/customer stock requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or 3 to 5 years reinforcing product management or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Quantitative and business analysis skills
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Project management skills
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Strong communication skills (presentation, written, verbal, and technical)
- Problem analysis and solving
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Organizational and planning skills
- Good judgment
- Attention to detail
- Negotiating skills
- Team player
- Can build relationships with customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit to boost sales opportunities