Virtual Psychosocial Rehabilitation Case Manager (Temp any location)
National Smart Healthcare Services Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist Case Manager for National Smart Healthcare Services holds a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Psychology, social Work, Counseling, Special Ed or be an RN. Trained in the issues concerning the everyday challenges faced by the mental health population. This is a temporary position, duration 7 to 10 months, because of the pandemic.
The PRS Case Manager makes virtual contact with the mentally ill population in Texas, review their functioning and carry out the interventions in their treatment plan in a virtual matter. Assist the clients with maintaining or improving functioning to achieve their treatment plan goals. He/she utilizes a variety of approaches and interventions to promote recovery within a site based program as well as provide successful virtual community/in-home experiences. Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services as appropriate.
- Provide virtual home psychosocial rehabilitation/case management services.
- Ability to maintain a caseload of mentally ill persons
- Participate in treatment case conference meetings
- Assist consumer in coordinating weekly appointments, including arranging transportation and preparation of required paperwork
- Link individuals to community resources and peer supports to promote community integration.
- Actively engage individuals in services including outreach visits at the individual's home, crisis center or outpatient facility.
- Assist individuals in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial and other services appropriate for the individual.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: LVN, Bachelor's (psychology preferred but not required), RN or Masters Degree in social work or counseling.
Licensure: LVN, LPCi, LMSW, RN, LCSW, LPC
Experience: 1-2 years previous experience working with the psychiatric or special education population. Knowledge of local community resources a plus.
National Smart Healthcare ServicesWhy Work Here?
Excellent career opportunity to join our rapidly growing company with great benefits.
National Smart Healthcare is a Psychosocial Rehabilitation organization dedicated to the SMI population in communities around Texas. Since 2006, National Smart Healthcare Services has met the needs of adult consumers enrolled in a Managed Medicaid plan and living in the following service delivery areas: Harris County, Jefferson County Nueces County, Travis County, Bexar County, El Paso County, and Hidalgo County. Our staff includes certified case managers and licensed therapists ( LCSW, LPC, LMFT) with extensive training and experience in meeting the needs of consumers with Severe and Persistent Mentally Ill ( SPMI) adults in their home or community setting.
2420 Fannin St.Houston, TX